• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guyank
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

Evohome SmartThings integration

One of the reasons that I first bought Evohome was the promised future integration with SmartThings. This never happened but thankfully someone else developed an unofficial integration using the API. The guy who developed it disappeared shortly afterwards and the SmartThings forums are full of people who’ve tried to use it but couldn’t get it to work. Thankfully it’s continued to work for me as I use it for a significant number of things, but I’m always concerned that it’ll stop working and I’ll have no way of fixing it. Andy or Ally, is there any chance of this happening officially in the future?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

It’s some time since I used SmartThings. I gave up on it and sold all the gear as I was under the impression we would see Evohome working through HomeKit but that has not happened despite suggestions it was coming what, 2 years ago? For an Apple user HomeKit is the one app which can control home systems. The one I can’t control in it is Evohome. Sadly Honeywell/Resideo are extremely slow in progressing and updating their software leaving others to get ahead of them. Never sure why this should be.

Nor is the product widely promoted. I had an experienced plumber/heating installer in the other week for a repair job. He had never heard of it. He has now for I demonstrated what it can do. He was looking at one of the alternatives which he had heard much about but now I have got him looking at Evohome. I would have thought manufacturers would inundate plumbers and installers with news of their products, but not it seems Honeywell.

Comment

• guyank
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Have you tried Homebridge? I’ve had great success with SmartThings in it. I tried the Evohome plugin briefly but didn’t need it as I already had Evohome control through SmartThings.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Nope, not tried Homebridge. I have enough apps controlling various things in the house and want the one app to do it. HomeKit is the ideal but for some reason Honeywell are not interested in this sort of customer support.

Comment

• guyank
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Sep 2015

I think that homebridge addresses exactly this problem. I find it really useful running in the background to pull it all together in one place. I now have voice control of anything in SmartThings using Siri and I can view my Nest Hello and Synology surveillance station camera through the home app. All running on a Pi 4.

Comment

• SplanK
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jul 2016

I tried it and dndnt last long. I gave up and used virtual switches to control Evohome using middleman IFTTT to things like heating shutdown for several hours (IE, go to bed early, trigger the switch to 'turn off' the heating which in reality was just a bunch of adjusted setpoint!

However, it would seem as though IFTTT has introduced charges, ive not looked fully into it yet

Comment

Working...
            X