Thread: Ir Upgrade and Existing functionality

Default Ir Upgrade and Existing functionality

I was considering the IR upgrade for my mark 1 units, but could not find any information regarding a specific query I had with regard to functionality of the upgraded units.

Will I still be able to send S-Video and Stereo Audio as well as the IR and SCART switching data.
    My logic tells me either I will have composite and audio + data or S-video and audio with data multiplexed onto one of the existing signals (there only being 4 twisted pairs). If the latter is the case. I am a little concerned about the affect this may have on the quality of the given multiplexed signal (either Video or Audio). Again my assumption is that the data is running at a non interfering frequency and the loading of this additional circuit is minimal (considering it will be connected in reverse to the normal transmission direction).

Default Re: Ir Upgrade and Existing functionality

Quote Originally Posted by guest
    Will I still be able to send S-Video and Stereo Audio as well as the IR and SCART switching data.
    A set of Mk1 units with IR upgrades fitted is functionally the same as the Mk2 units.

S-Video (or composite)
    Stereo Audio
    IR Control
    SCART switching.

There will be no loss of quality.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv