• Show
Clear All
  • Meh
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2020

Evohome setup questions

Hi all,

Couple of quick questions

1) What is this weird blank item that shows a 62 degree temperature? I set it up for heat only and water is disabled. How can I delete it?

IMG_0807.jpg

2) How do I turn the schedule off? EG set everything to 21 degrees forever
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Delete everything from the online account and start again.
    Maybe consider using a Custom Action for all zones set to 21C. That will override all schedules. Otherwise you will need to go into every zone and delete all the switch points and have just a single setpoint at 21C.

Comment

• Meh
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2020

Hmm I want to just control every zone manually.

When I set temperature and then ‘permanent’ does that last forever or until the next set point?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

A manual override is either timed or permanent. That is until someone choses a Quick Action, which reverts all zones to following the schedule. If you genuinely want all zones to be 21C at all times, why not set the schedule up with a single setpoint of 21C. But then why did you buy Evohome :-)

Comment

• Meh
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2020

Basically there’s someone home all day, so right now I just want manual temperature control on every zone.

I will setup schedules that make sense in each zone as I figure out what (evohome displayed) temperatures equal what comfort level in each zone.

Right now there’s too many variables to add another by setting schedules. The hr92 will not all be reading the correct temperatures because some are behind a desk or curtain etc. So I’ll add offsets or even add room thermostats later.

I’m just surprised there isn’t a simple ‘schedule off’ button like there is with every other smart heating system I’ve used.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

There is. They are called Quick Actions. If you set the Custom Action to 21C and apply it to all zones, you will get the desired outcome.
            Another way it to just set your Away Quick Action to 21C. That will even save you the hassle of assigning the zones to it, as it will apply to all zones.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              There is. They are called Quick Actions. If you set the Custom Action to 21C and apply it to all zones, you will get the desired outcome.
              Another way it to just set your Away Quick Action to 21C. That will even save you the hassle of assigning the zones to it, as it will apply to all zones.
              One problem with using the Away action like this is that Away disables Hot water unless you manually override it back on again.

A custom action is the best way to do this and lets you apply the set temperature only to rooms that are likely to be inhabited.

Comment

Working...
              X