Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BDR91 green LED on with no demand

Automated Home Jr Member

bruce_ miranda, done the 5c as suggested and all zones are now showing 0% and no green LED lit. I will see if its the same tomorrrow, i will keep the champagne on ice till then.

DBMandrake, is that the set point when heat is called for, ie living room set at 21.5c. All zones HR92,s. I will check the fitting of the HR92,s as i am having problems with one. No other temp sensor other than HR92,s.

Automated Home Legend

You do live in a super cold house!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Me-again View Post
    bruce_ miranda, done the 5c as suggested and all zones are now showing 0% and no green LED lit. I will see if its the same tomorrrow, i will keep the champagne on ice till then.

DBMandrake, is that the set point when heat is called for, ie living room set at 21.5c. All zones HR92,s. I will check the fitting of the HR92,s as i am having problems with one. No other temp sensor other than HR92,s.
    The set point is the requested temperature in your schedule, that is compared to the actual measured temperature (shown on the controller) by the HR92 to decide whether it needs to call for heat.

The HR92's by default show the set point but you can change a setting in them to make them show the measured temperature instead. (Which is how I have them)

If the measured temperature is <1.5C below the set point the zone will call for 100% heat. If the measured temperature is >1.5C above the set point the zone will call for 0% heat. In the +/- 1.5C "proportional zone" in between those two extremes there will be some heat demand more than 0% but less than 100%.

Automated Home Jr Member

Alas the setting down to 5c didnt work out as some of the zones failed to come on and i had to overide manually later in the evening via the HR92,s. I have adjusted things on the controller today but i think i am going get the same result. I have uploaded some pictures of the settings i have done for two radiators that are in the living room which i have configred as two seperate zones although they do share the same schedule and only differ in that the "Liv kit" has a slightly lower set temp. A few things have me puzzled on the screen showing all six zones Liv window is showing red as calling for heat yet its schedule has it set to be off at this time.Yet Liv kit which has the same schedule is showing blue and i dont think it going to follow its schedule later.

DBMandrake, i understand now and i have my HR92,s set to display room temp also.

Hopefully the pics my shine some light on were things are going wrong and I hope its me not doing things correctly and not a fault with any of the equipment.

P1130853.jpg P1130854.jpg P1130855.jpg P1130856.jpg P1130857.jpg

Automated Home Ninja

The 🔁 icon indicates those zones are permanently set to the specified temperature, so won’t follow their schedule, and either not heat if set to a low temperature, or heat and maintain a higher temperature.

You need to cancel permanent on those zones if you want them to follow their schedule.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the info, didnt know that. Gives me a starting point for tomorrows adjustments.

Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar

Here is a link to the official 'Evohome User Manual' which explains all the displayed symbols and how to manage your settings/zones. Depending on how you got your system/kit, there should have been this manual included.
    https://getconnected.honeywellhome.c...User-Guide.pdf

Automated Home Jr Member

Cancelled all "set as permanent,s" and glad to say system now working correctly with no green led lit on BDR91 when system is not calling for heat. Its not as if i didnt do any research on evohome before installing, watched lots of videos one in particular was about setting individual schedules for each room and i would swear he was saying after setting schedule, now make it permanent by pressing here.

DerekwilliamsUK, thanks for the link to the manual, i recall seeing some instruction manuals with my purchase but they were not for the uk. Maybe the uk version is amongst them or i have put it aside for reading later and forgotten it. All kit was bought on ebay as new, returned a few purchases as they were advertised as new but sadly were not.

Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar

Glad things seem to be working now.
    Just one other thing worth noting, the system does take at least a few days to learn the 'profile' of your rooms/zones and your chosen settings, so dont worry about the odd overshoot/undershoot in room temperatures during this 'learning period'. To be honest, once it has settled down, just leave it alone and it will work very reliably. I have had my system installed since mid-2014 with no major issues (touches wood).

Automated Home Jr Member

Thats my intention, leave it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes then tweak if needed then just sit back in the warm glow