Quote Originally Posted by Jemster View Post
Nope, nothing yet. I was sure I had a mail saying mid-November was cut-off date for the old system but it’s still working and I can’t locate the mail. Interesting you’ve had mails so late as my offer was in mid-October. I didn’t bother. Electricity monitoring is 10-a-penny and, as you say, the new app is pretty limited. Also specifically not covering NI or facilitating setting up your own tariffs last time I looked.

Such a pity there’s no easy way of reverse engineering the hardware as it functions great for what I need and it will be sorely missed.
Yes I'm still really annoyed as well.

The offer for a free upgrade to the new electricity monitor ends on the 7th, I just completed mine and it has shipped - I just had to pay £3 postage.

For the price of postage while I look around for alternatives I might as well as I'll still be able to monitor electricity use, and I'll at least be able to import my historical use into it as well.

I wonder if its worth trying to set up wireshark to sniff the traffic generated by the main receiver unit before the switch off day to see how it communicates with the mothership ? I suspect its all TLS encrypted though so we probably can't learn much from wireshark.