• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyTriumpH
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2016

LED Security Light - Very Dim

Hi

I have a security in my drive way, an LED one and mains powered. It will come on, but the light rather than flood lighting the drive is bearly a flicker. The light, when it comes on when the sensor is triggered, is brightish, and then will dim very quickly as though all the power has been taken away. There are no mains issue, and the power that powers the light also feeds the garage. I have checked the power in the garage and everything is fine.

Is this a problem with the sensor or the light? Is it fixable, bearing in mind this is an LED? If fixable, how can I fix it? Or is it a case of getting a new light?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

It could be that the light is interfering with the sensor. What sort of sensor is it. Dawn dusk type or combined movement and night time.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• AndyTriumpH
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2016

It is a simple movement sensor that switches on when the beam is broken at night. Even adjusting the sensor has made little difference. It will switch on when the beam is broken and will be bright for a couple of seconds and then fad to almost nothing

Comment

Working...
      X