Thread: Multiroom - display on controller

Automated Home Guru

Default Multiroom - display on controller

On a Evohome system, in multiroom mode, what temperature is displayed on the controller? The first bound device, an average of the bound devices, or something else?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    On a Evohome system, in multiroom mode, what temperature is displayed on the controller? The first bound device, an average of the bound devices, or something else?
    The temperature for each room is shown on mine, plus the hot water temperature. There is no single reading.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by anniesboy View Post
    As said the current temperature of each room or zone is shown as per the picture or link you posted. That is a picture of the display we have on the Control Panel in everyday use.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    I don't think any of the previous respondents understood the question.

In multi-room zones the displayed temperature on the controller is the first bound device in the zone. In other words the device that would be the sensor for the entire zone if you switched the zone back to single room mode. (You can in fact switch zones between single and multi-room mode and back without doing any rebinding as its just a "mode" flag in the data periodically sent to the HR92's every few minutes...)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 29th October 2020 at 11:29 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Ah, I understand now, I think. Yes the first bound room appears first and the rest follow in sequence but you can change the display order in Settings.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Ah, I understand now, I think. Yes the first bound room appears first and the rest follow in sequence but you can change the display order in Settings.
    No he's talking about multi-room zones.

A multi-room zone is one where all HR92's in the zone measure their own temperature independently to adjust their own radiator vs the default single room zone where there is only one temperature sensor (the first bound device) that controls all the HR92's in the zone.

Multi-room zones behave differently to single room zones in a number of ways.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I don't think any of the previous respondents understood the question.
    Thanks, you beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    In multi-room zones the displayed temperature on the controller is the first bound device in the zone. In other words the device that would be the sensor for the entire zone if you switched the zone back to single room mode. (You can in fact switch zones between single and multi-room mode and back without doing any rebinding as its just a "mode" flag in the data periodically sent to the HR92's every few minutes...)
    That's great, as I thought. Thanks for that.