• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rahaaas
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2018

Evo Home HR91s all showing the same temperature

9B564095-0BE8-4B06-AF29-E62CF2845B8C.jpg

Just added some HR91s to my setup of otherwise HR92s / ATC928G3000. All binded happily enough, but then noticed they weren’t quite behaving.

Bizarrely they’re all showing the same current temperature, and use that to determine heating. Have removed, reset them and rebinded, which initially seemed to do the trick. But they seem to just settle back into it.

Have them tracked in Home Assistant, and they all share the same, rather all-over-the-place history graph (above), which also implies they’re sharing the same input.

Anyone got a clue what could be happening?
    Last edited by Rahaaas; 30 October 2020, 05:14 PM.
  • lloyd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2020

Sorry, but image quality is too poor to be able to see anything

Comment

• Rahaaas
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2018

Can’t seem to get a higher res version up. But all it shows is the three history graphs for the different TRVs. Most show a smooth transition of various temperature, whereas the data points here are all over the place. And the same for all three...
      Attached Files

Comment

• lloyd
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2020

Just to confirm, are these in three separate rooms, as three separate zones? And the display on the evohome display is wrong?

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Rahaaas View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1662[/ATTACH]

Just added some HR91s to my setup of otherwise HR92s / ATC928G3000. All binded happily enough, but then noticed they weren’t quite behaving.

Bizarrely they’re all showing the same current temperature, and use that to determine heating. Have removed, reset them and rebinded, which initially seemed to do the trick. But they seem to just settle back into it.
          Are these three HR91's in the same zone or different zones ? Can't speculate much further on the problem until we know this.
          Have them tracked in Home Assistant, and they all share the same, rather all-over-the-place history graph (above), which also implies they’re sharing the same input.

Anyone got a clue what could be happening?
          How is Home Assistant obtaining their temperature reading ? Are you sniffing wireless traffic directly with an HGI80 or NanoCUL or using the Web API's ? And if it's the former, are you monitoring the temperature sensor broadcasts from the HR91's themselves, or are you monitoring the zone temperature broadcast from the controller ?

HR91's of course don't have displays like the HR92 so it's important for us to know how these supposed temperature readings are being obtained..

Comment

• Rahaaas
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2018

Apologies for the delay - have been away from a computer (hooray!)

They came as a four pack. One slaved to an HR92 in a two-radiator room, which seems to do the job fine.

However, the temperature reported by the other three (in separate Zones, in very different parts of the house) always appears to be the same. It’s around a ‘room temperature’ level and among 10 other HR92s isn’t immediately noticeable as ‘wrong’.

Having just switched over to Home Assistant (using the standard EvoHome integration and graph cards) though, it readily becomes clear that these valves are all sharing the same, rather erratic, data (decent picture of the resulting graph now below). They do have their own setpoints.

It’s also clear, since the weather turned, that cold rooms aren’t warming, and warm ones are overheating. I can only assume the system is taking some sort of average to cause that.

I’ve tried resetting, re-binding, taking the batteries out and using them in various different combinations.

When the batteries are out, they obviously give no reading change. Add one in (and I’ve tried a couple), the readings seem fine. But add one more HR91 in, and they start to vacillate around, getting worse as you add them.

Meanwhile, all the HR92s trundle on happily. Have swapped them over to more critical rooms, and they behave fine in there too.

Honeywell seem unconcerned, and tried to make it about signal strength, which makes no sense at all to me - particularly given the above.

I conclude it’s some sort of weird glitch or software issue, as I just don’t know why they’d all bundle in together (they’re not in the same zone, or otherwise linked, but even if they were...)

IMG_4352.jpg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Rahaaas; 6 November 2020, 12:01 PM. Reason: Managed to get a picture uploaded properly...

Comment

• DanD
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Feb 2016

Hi,

Did you add the HR91s to zones via the Evohome controller which had previously had HR92s bound to them or did you create new zones when you added the HR91s? If you simply added them to existing zones on the controller I'm wondering if you might have inadvertently ended up with a combination of a HR92 and a HR91 bound to the zone with the HR92 acting as the room temperature sensor (which you've now moved elsewhere in the house)? I think that other users have previously suggested a quick workaround that avoids having to delete a zone is to change the zone type which removes all device binding and then change it back again and add the HR91.

Dan

Comment

• Rahaaas
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Dec 2018

Thanks Dan.

Both, actually.

I wondered the same, but have since deleted zones, reset and rebound the devices, with the same results.

I still can’t see any of those scenarios where each one still takes several other data sources. And changing them out for HR92s in the same zone doesn’t cause this to hap

A full system factory reset would make sure... but Honeywell have explicitly advised against this. As we head towards freezing temperatures, I’m minded to agree.

Managed to eventually convince Am*zon to refund, and will try with some new HR92s instead... It’ll be ‘interesting’ to see if that solves it.

Comment

• DanD
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Feb 2016

Hi,

Hmm.... definitely sounds very strange and maybe it was a batch of faulty HR91s. Glad you managed to arrange a refund for the HR91s and hopefully some additional HR92s work as expected. I'd wondered whether the fact that a HR92 worked OK was that it might have been one of the 'rogue' temperature sensors which were still bound to the zone, but as you'd tried deleting zones this wouldn't have been the issue. I only have a single HR91, but many HR92s and they seem to behave well together.

Dan

Comment

• JackBroer
                    • Apr 2021

Similar issue with multiple HR91 valves.

Hi to all,

I have a similar situation:
                    One of the Evohome zones is a small apartment within my home. In this zone I have 3 HR91 Radiator valves and 1 Honeywell Round wireless thermometer.
                    The Round wireless is used as the central thermometer for this zone. This works fine.

I recently installed a HGI80. Now that I see all the information coming in via the HGI80 I see that the 3 HR91 devices all have the same ID.

Because they all have just 1 ID, Domoticz displays only one device. But in the graphs of this odd device the temperatures of all 3 of them are shown. The graph is messy.
                    Afbeelding1.jpg

If I zoom in on it, you see that the temperatures of the 3 HR91 devices are all in the same graph.
                    Afbeelding2.jpg

The Round Wireless does show a smooth line.
                    Afbeelding3.jpg

Although the set point line looks smooth, it is also the set point line from 3 devices. They are now in 1 zone, so they have the same set point, but before I tested them in separate zones and then they also showed 3 set point lines in 1 graph.
                    In the situation with each HR91 in a separate zone they all show the same, but irregular, temperatures. That really looks like the situation that was initially described in this thread.

I already unbind them, removed the batteries, recreated the zone etc. But each time they come back all having the same ID.

I think it is caused by a batch of devices with all having the same ID. For me it is to late to return them and get a refund, so I'm looking for another solution or workaround.

Who can help me "separate" these devices?

With regards,

Jack Broer

Comment

• Rahaaas
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Dec 2018

I couldn’t find a resolution with them. I tried several times to get Honeywell c/s to engage with it, but they just didn’t seem to care at all. Got very snippy about me requesting RMA, and just weren’t interested in getting to the bottom of it. Replaced them with HE92s, which immediately worked as expected. So there is clearly some issue with at least some HR91s.

Comment

• DanD
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by JackBroer View Post
                        Hi to all,

I have a similar situation:
                        One of the Evohome zones is a small apartment within my home. In this zone I have 3 HR91 Radiator valves and 1 Honeywell Round wireless thermometer.
                        The Round wireless is used as the central thermometer for this zone. This works fine.

I recently installed a HGI80. Now that I see all the information coming in via the HGI80 I see that the 3 HR91 devices all have the same ID.

Because they all have just 1 ID, Domoticz displays only one device. But in the graphs of this odd device the temperatures of all 3 of them are shown. The graph is messy.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1802[/ATTACH]

If I zoom in on it, you see that the temperatures of the 3 HR91 devices are all in the same graph.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1803[/ATTACH]

The Round Wireless does show a smooth line.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1804[/ATTACH]

Although the set point line looks smooth, it is also the set point line from 3 devices. They are now in 1 zone, so they have the same set point, but before I tested them in separate zones and then they also showed 3 set point lines in 1 graph.
                        In the situation with each HR91 in a separate zone they all show the same, but irregular, temperatures. That really looks like the situation that was initially described in this thread.

I already unbind them, removed the batteries, recreated the zone etc. But each time they come back all having the same ID.

I think it is caused by a batch of devices with all having the same ID. For me it is to late to return them and get a refund, so I'm looking for another solution or workaround.

Who can help me "separate" these devices?

With regards,

Jack Broer
                        A few questions:

How is the zone containing the multiple HR91s setup on the Evohome controller, is it a multi or single room zone?
                        Is the zone working OK on the Evohome controller?

I haven't done any testing of Domoticz in multi HR91 installations as I only have 1 HR91. I'm wondering whether the HR91s might be behaving differently from the HR92/80s which Domoticz was developed for. If you're able to capture the raw messages via the HGI80 either from a Domoticz evoraw.log or directly from the HGI80 serial port, this would help with troubleshooting and confirm whether they do all have the same device IDs or if it might be a Domoticz issue.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X