Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Wonder what happens to weather compensation

When the temperature is...
    Attached Files
  • Woody
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2015

Does Evohome do weather compensation? I understood from Honeywell themselves (albeit years ago, ~ 2013) that this was not the case. Back then I bought an expensive outdoor solar- and temperature sensor with the idea to feed outside temperature into my Evohome but all it did was show the outside temp on the interface (and not even in the app). Quite useless. Has this changed?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Hi Woody, looks like you have a lot of catching up to do. Evohome now no longer supports an external sensor. But it uses the outdoor temperature to do a lot.
      My screen shot shows that the displayed temperature is likely trimmed rather than rounded. A lot of us didn't know which way it was.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        Hi Woody, looks like you have a lot of catching up to do. Evohome now no longer supports an external sensor. But it uses the outdoor temperature to do a lot.
        My screen shot shows that the displayed temperature is likely trimmed rather than rounded. A lot of us didn't know which way it was.
        I think you'll find -0C just means somewhere between 0C and -0.5C Not the best presentation to be sure but perhaps more informative than a straight 0C

Comment

• Woody
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
          Hi Woody, looks like you have a lot of catching up to do.
          Apparently :-)

I replaced my (sticky) 2013 Evohome wall unit with the latest invocation two weeks ago and did not realize that this had changed. I presume that Evohome retrieves the outside temp from my location and a weather service. ATM the temp outside the car in the drive is 5.5C while Evohome thinks it is 12C. Probably not too important in the grand scheme of temperature control.

I'll see what happens when it gets colder.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

This for me was the biggest disappointment especially since I had already invested in an external temp sensor for the previous version of Evohome. Why support couldn't continue for that as an alternative to Internet is beyond me. Now its only Internet weather.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Woody View Post
              Apparently :-)

I replaced my (sticky) 2013 Evohome wall unit with the latest invocation two weeks ago and did not realize that this had changed. I presume that Evohome retrieves the outside temp from my location and a weather service. ATM the temp outside the car in the drive is 5.5C while Evohome thinks it is 12C. Probably not too important in the grand scheme of temperature control.
              Yes, the accuracy and delay of the outside temperature reported by the online weather service they use (apparently Accuweather) is a topic of some discussion over in the beta firmware thread...

Comment

Working...
              X