Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: design zones with the underfloor heating controller

Automated Home Legend

@philchillbill is right, you just need a single sensor and a single BDR91 in your case. You don't even need actuators on the manifold loops because your entire manifold is just serving a single zone. Just make the BDR91 control the UFH or the motorized zone valve (which in turn controls the pump) and then you are done.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thank you Bruce. I'm actually in the phase to design the entire system and understand how it works before putting down all the shopping list. The dirty work will be done definitely by an professionist that he is used to operate on UHF. I'm definitely not.

Automated Home Jr Member

In your cases how do you set the heating type in the evohome, electric heat or zone valve? Bdr91 connected to a heating floor pump, which of those type is?
    Last edited by mazzy89; 20th November 2020 at 09:01 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Zone Valve

Automated Home Jr Member

I see. It makes sense. But in the system summary I have the percentage. What does it mean? Usually bdr91 is either on or off. What a percentage mean?

Automated Home Legend

Duty Cycle percentage. It's the Heat Demand represented as a percentage.

Automated Home Jr Member

Ok i understand but for an electrical switch what does it mean? Does it mean that it will ever turn on even when the percentage is even 1? or there is a threshold? I can understand this for a TRV but I can't imagine for an electrical switch that is either on or off

Automated Home Jr Member

Also I've noticed that the system summary is not in sync. Is this normal?

My hr92 is open but the percentage is 0%. Does not make much sense to me. Am I missing anything?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mazzy89 View Post
    Ok i understand but for an electrical switch what does it mean? Does it mean that it will ever turn on even when the percentage is even 1? or there is a threshold? I can understand this for a TRV but I can't imagine for an electrical switch that is either on or off
    Think of it as a percentage of an hour. 50% means it will be ON for 30 mins within the hour, when, is determined by the cycle rate set.

Automated Home Jr Member

Oh now it makes totally sense. Thanks a lot for explanation