Thread: Domoticz updated to use the actual DHW setpoint

Automated Home Legend

Default Domoticz updated to use the actual DHW setpoint

Finally found some time to submit a code change that tracks the actual DHW setpoint, rather than Domoticz just assuming its 60C. My change has been merged into the latest Beta (development branch)

If you get a chance, please let me know how you get on.

There is only one issue, that I am aware of. When the HW is On, the SET button on the Device tile doesn't default to ON, instead its Blank entry on the drop down menu. Haven't worked out how to fix that. The Domoticz code base is an absolute mess, please bear with me.

Automated Home Lurker

Thank you for posting this information. I've only just installed the DHW part of Evohome and was wondering why Domoticz was ignoring my setpoint and reporting 60C. Mystery solved !

Automated Home Legend

Trying to see how we can get Domoticz to set the DHW setpoint too. The Evohome side is actually quite easy. Trying to get this to work within the limitations of Domoticz is the real challenge. But once done, it'll be easy to have DHW set to maybe 45C for the week, and then once a weekend, set it to 60C for a bacteria killing cycle.

Automated Home Lurker

Bacteria killing, Yes ! Only having a single DHW temperature setpoint had already struck me as being a problem. I was just going to manually increase the setpoint from time to time to achieve this but automation would be far preferable. You say that within Evohome is quite easy - is there something in Evohome to do this that I've not found yet ?

Automated Home Legend

Nothing you haven't found in Evohome. But we have found the radio message that allows the DHW to be set from Domoticz using an HGI80 (or equivalent)