• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonCa
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2020

ECO quick action setting, lack of function

Hi
    So I have had my system for coming up to 12 months now and I am still getting used to the quirks of it.
    So If I press the Quick Action setting for ECO which says it reduces all temp settings by 3 degrees this does not completely work.
    I find that any of my 18 HR92's that are set to a temp of 16 degrees or lower do not do anything!
    It that zone was at 17 degrees it goes down by 3

Am I missing a trick in the settings somewhere? I am on the current general public software

It really would be nice to have some adjustment on the amount of reduction i.e. more than 3 degrees which might be a good value in a modern well insulated house but my place is built 1850 so the closest it gets to cavity walls is one section that is lathe and plaster on the inside and out, but then its externally tile hung as well so that does partially defeat wind-chill.

Jon
  • lloyd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2020

Spooky. Ten minutes ago I put my system into eco mode, and one of the zones did nothing. Have not had time to investigate further yet.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JonCa View Post
      Hi
      So I have had my system for coming up to 12 months now and I am still getting used to the quirks of it.
      So If I press the Quick Action setting for ECO which says it reduces all temp settings by 3 degrees this does not completely work.
      I find that any of my 18 HR92's that are set to a temp of 16 degrees or lower do not do anything!
      It that zone was at 17 degrees it goes down by 3

Am I missing a trick in the settings somewhere? I am on the current general public software
      No you're not missing anything, that's just how it's designed to work. Eco mode (in the current public firmware version) drops the set point of zones by 3 degrees, but only if the set point is 17 degrees or higher to start with, otherwise it does nothing.
      It really would be nice to have some adjustment on the amount of reduction i.e. more than 3 degrees which might be a good value in a modern well insulated house but my place is built 1850 so the closest it gets to cavity walls is one section that is lathe and plaster on the inside and out, but then its externally tile hung as well so that does partially defeat wind-chill.
      The latest Beta firmware 19.33 lets you adjust the Eco mode offset in 0.5C steps and is now called Eco/Boost as you can configure it as a cut or a boost. I actually use it as a 0.5C boost when I want the whole house slightly warmer but still following the schedule.

So when they eventually release this new firmware to the public you will be able to do what you ask. I'm curious why you want more than 3C though - most people including me have been wanting to be able to have a smaller offset than the default value.

What I haven't checked is whether applying a cut in 19.33 still has the same 17C cut off point as it did in the old firmware.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by lloyd View Post
        Spooky. Ten minutes ago I put my system into eco mode, and one of the zones did nothing. Have not had time to investigate further yet.
        If the set point is below 17C on old firmware it won't change. Also remember Eco mode can be enabled/disabled on a per zone basis.

Comment

• Woody
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          The latest Beta firmware 19.33 lets you adjust the Eco mode offset in 0.5C steps and is now called Eco/Boost as you can configure it as a cut or a boost. I actually use it as a 0.5C boost when I want the whole house slightly warmer but still following the schedule.
          Thanks for pointing that out, I never new I could change the offset. Also nice that the offset can be above 0 for a boost. Completely perfect would be if I could select the zones that eco/boost applies to.

Comment

• JonCa
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Nov 2020

Thanks all for replies

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              If the set point is below 17C on old firmware it won't change. Also remember Eco mode can be enabled/disabled on a per zone basis.
              How do you target Eco to a zone?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                How do you target Eco to a zone?
                Sorry, I had it confused with the Custom mode where you can choose the zones that are affected. You're right - Eco mode applies to all zones.

Comment

Working...
                X