• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

New home, mammoth Evohome install

Just placed a huge order with the EvoHome Shop for my new house, after getting to grips with the existing set up (Danfoss controls).

Comprises of:
    16 x DTS92E Room Thermostats (I chose these as they will cover removed Danfoss thermostats better than T87RF)
    4 x HCC80R UFH Controllers
    1 x HCS80 Extension Module
    1 x HR914 Radiator Multi Zone Kit (Kieran recommended these over HR92s for towel rads)
    2 x ATF600 Wall Mount Kits
    1 x Evohome Connected Modulation Pack
    1 x Evohome Connected Thermostat Pack
    1 x ATF500 Hot Water Kit
    1 x Honeywell High Limit Pipe Thermostat
    2 x Honeywell 28mm N/O Motorised Zone Valves

Going to have 2 controllers handling 23 zones: 19 UFH via 4 manifolds, 4 towel rads. OpenTherm with weather compensation implemented by my custom firmware on an OpenTherm monitor, reading external temperature sensor.

DHW priority, closing N/O valves on UFH and radiator circuits.

Removing existing Thermostatic Mixing Valve, which was set at 75C when I moved in (!) as I will limit the max OpenTherm flow temperature. Install a High Limit Pipe Thermostat to cut the UFH pump on over temperature, just in case.

I learned from Kieran at the EvoHome shop that the controller was updated this year, requiring a different wall mount kit, ATF600 vs. ATF300 before.

Looking forward to having Evohome again!
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

The ATF600 actually came out in June 2015 with the WiFi controller, I bought my WiFi controller in late 2015 and used an ATF600 wall mount kit. (It even says it came out on June 2015 on the evohomeshop website, so not sure what they mean by "updated last year" ?)

The ATF300 is for the earlier non-WiFi models sold up until 2015. (Although some old stock was cleared for a while after this date)

Good luck with the new install, I hope it all goes smoothly.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 November 2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

The High limit pipe thermostat is such a neat idea. I wish my plumber had thought of that. Our UFH was put in and while the floor was curing it was meant to run 25C water round the loops. Some fool forgot to screw on the TRV on the manifold and 65C water was pumping around the floor and I could hear all sorts of crackling noises and shut the system down.

Comment

• kevinsmart
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Sep 2018

Ah thanks, there is a new 2020 controller though, I’ll let you know what the differences are.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

REALLY?? when where

Comment

• kevinsmart
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            REALLY?? when where
            Honeywell Home evohome Connected Thermostat Pack (ATP921R3100) | Buy Honeywell Home Evohome Products From The EVOHOME Experts @ The Smart Thermostat Shop.co.uk

Mentions the 2020 controller.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

That's so funny. Just because they get the ATC928G3000 in stock in 2020, doesn't make it a 2020 model. That is still the V3 of the evohome that is now quite a few years old. You had me there for a minute.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Looks like the same controller I bought in 2015...

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I think Kevin or the Evohomeshop were trying to ring in some fun in an otherwise grim 2020.

Comment

• kevinsmart
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                    I think Kevin or the Evohomeshop were trying to ring in some fun in an otherwise grim 2020.
                    I’m optimistic, :-) Resideo did mention some changes for heat pump support to BDR91 etc. I’ll soon find out.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Kevin, but the controller hasn't changed. There is actually a new BDR91 released for 2020 and that has the heat pump support in it. The same old controller from over 5 years ago has been updated with new firmware to support this new BDR91 (see pictures of the new BDR91). Unhelpfully the part number has stayed the same. But if you can read the radio, then you will see that a new function has been added to the BDR91.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• lorkeers
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Nov 2020

Where can Im buy the BDR91T new version 2024?

Thanks

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

Unless you are planning on running a Heat Pump with the BDR91, there is little point in trying to find the new one.

Comment

• Fmb
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2020

I would like to get this version somewhere, (heatpump owner).

The product codes are indeed confusing. However I currently have the BDR91A1000, previously controlled the central heating boiler and new the hybrid heatpump. That product code is obviously different from BDR91T1004.

Is there a physical difference besides the symbol as well? I would expect this new version has 2 contacts; one to heat and one to cool. Is this a correct expectation?
                            Last edited by Fmb; 24 November 2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

No difference in the connections as far as I could tell. But the device type in the radio signals does show a new type. Also in the Appliance Control screen there is Heatpump option in 19.33

Comment

Working...
                              X