• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daniel@paynefamily.co.uk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2020

Hi Kevin

What exactly did you do to make a 10c request actually switch-off the boiler? I've got some pretty good OpenTherm optimisations working via Home Assistant but I'm having trouble making the 10c take effect as it just appears to be ignored by the boiler whilst the controller still has heating mode active. I can see the request being acknowledged within the OTG messages log.

Also have you had any issues with max modulation being ignored. Again I can see my request has been acknowledged and is showing up in the OTG but appears to have no effect.

Thanks!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

10C in OT generally means OFF. So I didn't think you have to do anything specific to make the boiler go off with a 10C target temperature. Unless you are saying that your 10C target is not sticking and so the boiler stays on.

Comment

• kevinsmart
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Sep 2018

Yes, this initially confused me as well. A 10C request is used by Evohome to signify off, but by default, if CH Enable is on, it will be interpreted by my boiler just like any other request below 40C. The boiler will heat to its minimum control set point of 40C.

So, you have to set CH Enable to disabled, that turns the burner off, and in this case it doesn’t really matter what the control set point is, so no need to set 10C.

But the other important aspect is still to report to Evohome that CH Mode is on. If you don’t, Evohome gets confused and appears to try increasingly higher set points, probably until it sees the burner ignite.

I can advise you of some code if you are doing this in OGTW.

Regarding maximum relative modulation my boiler ignores any setting.

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
          Yes, this initially confused me as well. A 10C request is used by Evohome to signify off, but by default, if CH Enable is on, it will be interpreted by my boiler just like any other request below 40C. The boiler will heat to its minimum control set point of 40C.

So, you have to set CH Enable to disabled, that turns the burner off, and in this case it doesn’t really matter what the control set point is, so no need to set 10C.

But the other important aspect is still to report to Evohome that CH Mode is on. If you don’t, Evohome gets confused and appears to try increasingly higher set points, probably until it sees the burner ignite.

I can advise you of some code if you are doing this in OGTW.

Regarding maximum relative modulation my boiler ignores any setting.
          This appears to be exactly what's happening, only difference is my boilers min temp is 33c. I'll email you separately about the firmware. Thanks.

Comment

Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            10C in OT generally means OFF. So I didn't think you have to do anything specific to make the boiler go off with a 10C target temperature. Unless you are saying that your 10C target is not sticking and so the boiler stays on.
            Sticking, just appears to be being ignored.

Comment

Working...
            X