• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazzy89
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

Evohome controller: Easter egg or something else

Today after having fully installed my evohome controller I've found an interesting super hidden feature. By double clicking to the left bottom side of the evohome display, a pop up appears asking if you wish to access to smart features. One of them is the control of the zones according the weather. The problem is that I've my mistake selected that I do not want see this pop up anymore ans not even by double clicking it does not appear. Any ideas how to put it back and access this weather feature?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mazzy89 View Post
    Today after having fully installed my evohome controller I've found an interesting super hidden feature. By double clicking to the left bottom side of the evohome display, a pop up appears asking if you wish to access to smart features. One of them is the control of the zones according the weather. The problem is that I've my mistake selected that I do not want see this pop up anymore ans not even by double clicking it does not appear. Any ideas how to put it back and access this weather feature?
    Sounds like you have something special! I have just tried this and no pop up!

Comment

• Woody
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2015

Ehhh, (short) press ' Settings', then select 'Smart Features' ?

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Woody View Post
        Ehhh, (short) press ' Settings', then select 'Smart Features' ?
        Would that were so. I don’t have Smart Features as an option. The only way I can see Smart Features is if I look in the mirror!

Comment

• Woody
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          Would that were so. I don’t have Smart Features as an option. The only way I can see Smart Features is if I look in the mirror!
          Well, at least now you know you have to be careful not to select that you don't want to see them anymore

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Well, at least now you know you have to be careful not to select that you don't want to see them anymore
            It is how I know I am alive. If what I see moves, I know I am still here!

I think you must have the beta version of the software for the Control Panel which will be why I don't see the setting.

Comment

• Woody
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Feb 2015

Well, beta? My Evohome was delivered a month ago with FW version 19.31. That version had the Smart Features. Elsewhere on this site it turns out that 19.31 is a beta version. It looks like Honeywell quietly decided that this beta version (while still containing some funny quirks like using the max allowed temperature as the setpoint) was solid enough to ship in their product, I applied for the latest beta last week and got version 19.33 which still has the Smart Features and solves the setpoint bug.

Comment

• mazzy89
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2020

I've solved by running a factory reset. Now when I double click in the left corner I get the pop up again.

Btw how can I check the software version?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

Enter the Settings menu and the long press on the Device Settings.

Comment

• mazzy89
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2020

Thanks i did not know that. My version is the 19.31

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Well, beta? My Evohome was delivered a month ago with FW version 19.31. That version had the Smart Features. Elsewhere on this site it turns out that 19.31 is a beta version. It looks like Honeywell quietly decided that this beta version (while still containing some funny quirks like using the max allowed temperature as the setpoint) was solid enough to ship in their product, I applied for the latest beta last week and got version 19.33 which still has the Smart Features and solves the setpoint bug.
                      That accounts for it. I am on version 17.03. Seems quite old if you are on 19.31.

Comment

Working...
                      X