Evotouch ambiant température is showing wrong ambiant / going in opposite direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

Evotouch ambiant température is showing wrong ambiant / going in opposite direction

Hi there,

Today I had to power off my BDR91 to do some electrical works, my evotouch went on battery mode, and since I powered on again, I see the temperature of my living room (having 2 heaters) is just going in the opposite direction / Showing an incorrect ambiant température.

In the facts, my evotouch shows 23 degrees for the living room, but the temperature is I am sure not more than 19 or 20 degrees ...
    If I open the window, it detects the open window (shows the window icon) but the temperature showed on the evotouch is increasing to 24 or 24.5 degrees ... instead of showing a less temperature ?!?

I checked the 2 HR92's I have in the living room, they are "in sync" with the Evotouch and showing a correct demand temperature of 20 degrees, but if I change the parameter 7 to show the current ambiant temperature, they also show like the evotouch 23 or 24 degrees ...

It is the first time I see such behavior in 5 years utilisation ... any idea what the problem could be ?
    Is there a way to "restart" the evotouch without loosing all parameters ?

Many thanks !
    Last edited by morpheus; 24 November 2020, 10:39 PM.
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

Is Evotouch the sensor for your living room? That would explain why the HR92s there show the same temperature.

It could be that the heat from Evotouch recharging its batteries is affecting its temperature reading. I have seen this before.

You can reboot by prising the batteries apart.

Comment

• morpheus
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
      Is Evotouch the sensor for your living room? That would explain why the HR92s there show the same temperature.

It could be that the heat from Evotouch recharging its batteries is affecting its temperature reading. I have seen this before.

You can reboot by prising the batteries apart.
      Yes, the Evotouch is set as the "ambiant temperature sensor" ... and you may be right as since I powered on the electricity again, still a few hours after, the "battery loading" icon was still on (Batteries should have been loaded since a while now !) - Now I restarted the evotouch and plug it back, and battery charging icon is gone, meaning the batteries are not charging anymore ... so indeed it could be the battery charge generating heat and impacting the sensor.
      I will monitor ... (P.S. in such case where the evotouch is set as the sensor, is it normal the HR92's I that room are showing as ambiant temperature the one measure by the Evotouch, and not their own measure ambiant temperature ?

... but something that is not explained is why I see the ambiant temperature going up (increasing) when I opened the window, where it should decrease ?!?
      To me, it is just like the sensor was considering a temperature increase like a decrease and vice versa ?!?

Comment

• kevinsmart
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
        I will monitor ... (P.S. in such case where the evotouch is set as the sensor, is it normal the HR92's I that room are showing as ambiant temperature the one measure by the Evotouch, and not their own measure ambiant temperature ?

... but something that is not explained is why I see the ambiant temperature going up (increasing) when I opened the window, where it should decrease ?!?
        To me, it is just like the sensor was considering a temperature increase like a decrease and vice versa ?!?
        Yes, all the HR92s will display the Evotouch temperature as it is the sensor for the zone.

I think window open detection will still be performed by the HR92s, on falling temperature, but the displayed zone temperature is the Evotouch reading, which has been affected by battery charging heat.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Another issue I have noticed with the Evotouch sensor is that if you hold it and walk around you cover the vents and that gives you a false reading too.

Comment

Working...
          X