How did I configure 2 heaters in the same "room" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

How did I configure 2 heaters in the same "room" ?

HI there,

I have an house with a Evotouch, 9 HR92's in 8 different rooms (the living has 2 HR92's working together to operate the 2 heaters in the same way), and a BDR91.
    I was just looking at the configuration, and I can not find back how I have set both heaters (both HR92's) to work together in the same zone in the living ?!?
    I have checked the parameters, and the only difference between the living and the other zones is the ambiant temperature sensor (set to "Evotouch" for the living, and to distant for the other zones).
    I though this setup of 2 heaters in the same zone was the simple / multilane parameters but even in the living like in the other zones, this parameter is set to "simple zone".

Any idea ??
    Many thanks !
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    HI there,

I have an house with a Evotouch, 9 HR92's in 8 different rooms (the living has 2 HR92's working together to operate the 2 heaters in the same way), and a BDR91.
    I was just looking at the configuration, and I can not find back how I have set both heaters (both HR92's) to work together in the same zone in the living ?!?
    I have checked the parameters, and the only difference between the living and the other zones is the ambiant temperature sensor (set to "Evotouch" for the living, and to distant for the other zones).
    I though this setup of 2 heaters in the same zone was the simple / multilane parameters but even in the living like in the other zones, this parameter is set to "simple zone".

Any idea ??
    Many thanks !
    If you have two radiators, thus two HR92s in a room the first one paired will be the controlling one. If you then add a second, as you have done, it likely shows as a second. Someone else may put me right but if set to Evotouch it may be you have inadvertently paired the Control Panel as the thermostat to that room.

My lounge was configured originally with two HR92s but it was not satisfactory. One radiator, the first one paired, is under a window and the obvious one to be so paired. The other is at the other end of the lounge but on an inside wall. This proved unsatisfactory anyway and I changed to a separate thermostat elsewhere in the room to set the temperature. For obvious reasons are more satisfactory method.

Comment

• morpheus
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      If you have two radiators, thus two HR92s in a room the first one paired will be the controlling one. If you then add a second, as you have done, it likely shows as a second. Someone else may put me right but if set to Evotouch it may be you have inadvertently paired the Control Panel as the thermostat to that room.

My lounge was configured originally with two HR92s but it was not satisfactory. One radiator, the first one paired, is under a window and the obvious one to be so paired. The other is at the other end of the lounge but on an inside wall. This proved unsatisfactory anyway and I changed to a separate thermostat elsewhere in the room to set the temperature. For obvious reasons are more satisfactory method.
      ok, I am not having any issue, but just wondering how I had set this configuration because I do not recall.
      So the right way to do it is to pair the first HR92 with the Evotouch in that zone, then pair a second evotouch in that same zone right ?

What is the meaning of simple / multizone then ... because in that zone, it is set as simple zone although I have 2 HR92's (so it has nothing to do with the amount of HR92's you have ?)

Also, in that zone I have set the evotouch as temperature sensor, not the HR92's.

Many thanks

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

ok, I am not having any issue, but just wondering how I had set this configuration because I do not recall.
        So the right way to do it is to pair the first HR92 with the Evotouch in that zone, then pair a second evotouch in that same zone right ?
        When you bind devices to a zone the first one you add will be the sensor (unless you choose the Evotouch as the sensor) and the rest will only be actuators.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can see in the UI later to confirm this.
        What is the meaning of simple / multizone then ... because in that zone, it is set as simple zone although I have 2 HR92's (so it has nothing to do with the amount of HR92's you have ?)

Also, in that zone I have set the evotouch as temperature sensor, not the HR92's.
        Single room zone means there is only one temperature sensor used to control all radiators within the zone. In your case the Evotouch is the sensor.

Multi-room zone means every HR92 in the zone uses its own built in sensor - remote sensors cannot be used in a multi-room zone.

Multi-room zones are intended for a zone that spans more than one room - such as grouping separate bedrooms into the same zone for schedule purposes, but it can have other uses.

Comment

• morpheus
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          When you bind devices to a zone the first one you add will be the sensor (unless you choose the Evotouch as the sensor) and the rest will only be actuators.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can see in the UI later to confirm this.

Single room zone means there is only one temperature sensor used to control all radiators within the zone. In your case the Evotouch is the sensor.

Multi-room zone means every HR92 in the zone uses its own built in sensor - remote sensors cannot be used in a multi-room zone.

Multi-room zones are intended for a zone that spans more than one room - such as grouping separate bedrooms into the same zone for schedule purposes, but it can have other uses.
          @DBMandrake, I am wondering about what you ar saying, because the "Single / Multi Zone" and "Temperature sonde" are 2 different parameters in the "Zone".

- "Température sonde" parameter is in the "Zone config", and you have as option "distant", meaning the HR92 (I think) or "Evotiuch", meaning the evotouch
          - "Single / Multi zone" parameter is in the "Zone config" -> "parameters", and there you have the "Simple / Multi zone" option where you can select simple or multi

thigh my question to understand what the difference is ?

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Sorry I don't really understand your question.

Comment

• morpheus
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              Sorry I don't really understand your question.
              yes ... you seem to associate the "Single room / Multi room" option to the "Temperature sonde" option, which are 2 different options in the zone configuration.
              I am wondering if this is correct, in other words where do you define who is using what sonde (evotouch or HR92) ?
              And what is the "single / multi zone" option used for ?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

yes ... you seem to associate the "Single room / Multi room" option to the "Temperature sonde" option, which are 2 different options in the zone configuration.
                I am wondering if this is correct, in other words where do you define who is using what sonde (evotouch or HR92) ?
                And what is the "single / multi zone" option used for ?
                Single room zone vs multiroom zone is all about how many temperature sensors there are in a zone and where they are.

1) Single-room zone - there is only one active temperature sensor for the zone - this can be the Evotouch, a remote sensor (DTS92 etc) or one of the HR92's. The sensor can be chosen via the temperature sensor option in the zone. All HR92's in the zone use this same temperature reading relayed via the controller.

2) Multi-room zone - every HR92 uses its own temperature sensor directly and ignores other sensors in the zone. Remote sensors (including the Evotouch!) cannot be used in Multi-room zones. If you try, all that will happen is the sensor will be displayed on the Evotouch but it will not control the HR92's....

Is that clearer ?

Comment

• morpheus
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Apr 2016

yes, Many Thanks DBMandrake !

Comment

Working...
                  X