• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lloyd
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2020

Free standing thermostat

Simple question. Is there an evohome compatible thermostat that is free standing? I don't want to use the controller itself.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

By free standing do you still mean as a sensor as part of an Evohome system ?

If so yes there are several that work. The two main ones are the DTS92E and the Y87RF, both of which are available on their own or bundled with a BDR91. (which you won't need for an existing Evohome system)

I have all DTS92E's here but many people prefer the round Y87RF - there are pros and cons to both models.

Both can act just as a sensor and set point controller for an Evohome system or can be used with a BDR91 as an entire thermostat system in their own right without an Evohome system. (Hence the versions that bundles the relay)

The DTS92E can be wall mounted but also comes with a foot so that it can stand on a table top or shelf.

The temperature sensing of these two units is a lot more accurate than the Evotouch's built in sensor as the Evotouch generates a fair bit of heat internally skewing the measurement while these two don't generate any appreciable heat so are very accurate.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 27 November 2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• lloyd
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2020

Thanks. Yes a sensor as part of an eveohome system. I've got one room where neither of the HR91s are in a good place to give an accurate assessment of the overall room temperature. I'll investigate those two.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

There are other non display sensors available too. HCW80 HCF82

But if you genuinely mean free standing then I think only the DTS92 comes with a table top stand. The rest of them are wall mounted.
        Last edited by bruce_miranda; 28 November 2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X