• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huntajc
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2017

HR92s overriding schedule and setting to default 'OFF'

I've got 3 radiators in our lounge, with HR92s on each, defined as a single zone and set to 5C overnight and during the day and 20C in the evenings. This evening they opened up to 20C as scheduled at 7pm but when I went in there a bit later they'd reset to 10C. I bumped it back up, and at 9pm (on the hour?) they went back to 5C. I've bumped up again and will monitor.

On the same evening I went up to get the kids' room ready at 7.30pm and it was stone cold - the default low for that room is 10C, and it had stayed there. The rad should have gone up to 20C at 6pm.

I've had this once or twice over the last 3 years of the system being installed and it seems to be resolved by popping the batteries out for a few minutes, but I'm a bit suspicious that I've seen odd behaviour in two different rooms at the same time.

Any thoughts welcome.
  • gareth78
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2018

I once contacted Evohome support for a very similar issue, i seemed the most ridiculous reset mechanism but did seem to work:

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Resideo-Honeywell Consumer Support. Your case reference number is 04598152.

Please follow the steps below to be able to fix this issue:

At any hour and 5 minutes (f.ex. 12:05, 1:05) please remove the batteries from the HR92UK for couple of seconds and plug them back.

Make sure to follow that procedure exactly at some hour and 5 minutes, to be able to reset the unit properly.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Yes this is a well known issue. Do a forum search for "phantom override". And yes, the fix of rebooting the HR92 at the "right" time of the hour does work, I've done this on a few of my HR92's across different zones. If there is more than one HR92 in the zone they should all be rebooted. I won't go into the underlying cause of the problem, there are other threads which cover that.

Comment

• huntajc
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2017

Thank you both for your replies, and apologies for being slow in that.

The issue is on-going but I'm trying the fix room by room. So far I've not had a reoccurrence in a 'fixed' room, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
        X