Thread: Evohome Xclusive 30 Domoticz - Should I get Intergas Gateway LAN2RF ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome Xclusive 30 Domoticz - Should I get Intergas Gateway LAN2RF ?

Hello Everyone,

As this is my first post I'd like to thank those stalwarts who have been posting here for many years - you know who you are ! The knowledge and insight you've shared has been invaluable.

The basic question is can anyone give me an insight into the information available with a LAN2RF and its interface to Domoticz or similar ?

A little background - I've had a freestanding Evohome system (wifi controller and HR92s) for the last two years and have recently replaced the boiler with an Intergas Xclusive 30 as system boiler. I've installed the DHW kit and boiler control is by BDR91. The system is configured as a modified X-plan with DHW priority, all controlled by Evohome. I also intend to implement Intergas weather control on the boiler when I have a better understanding of what I've got now. Evohome is linked to Domoticz giving me insight into the characteristics of the rooms and Evohome's behaviour on a real-time and historical basis.

I'm now trying to fine tune the system for maximum economy. The key information I want is boiler return temperature on an historical basis.

I can find little information online about the LAN2RF.

What I have found suggests it could be linked to Domoticz a number of years ago, but can it now and does it work?

The Intergas video on how to bind to the boiler uses the supplied Honeywell Round Thermostat to do this, and therefore control the boiler. But I don't want this - that's Evohome's job. Is there a way round (pun intended) this ?

The main purpose of the LAN2RF seems to be the ability to control the boiler via an app (which since the change to a new app version appear to be buggy to say the least). This is irrelevant to me. As is information on a snap-shot basis since I want to balance room comfort with the boiler flow and return temperatures with the aim of keeping the boiler in condensing mode as much as possible.

Will a LAN2RF give me the information I want in a suitable format?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Best regards

Automated Home Sr Member

There's a nice integration between LAN2RF and home-assistant (HA) - IMHO, HA's evohome integration is better than Domoticz's too.

Note: the CV outflow temp is available via the 'public' API - the CV return temp is not.

If you can use python, try this: https://github.com/zxdavb/incomfort-client - it will show you all that is available:
    Code:
    (venv) root@hostname:~/$ python incomfortclient/__init__.py ${HOSTNAME}
    {
      'display_code': 126, 
      'display_text': 'standby', 
      'fault_code': 0, 

'is_burning': False, 
      'is_failed': False,
      'is_pumping': False, 
      'is_tapping': False, 

'heater_temp': 31.22, 
      'tap_temp': 27.91, 
      'pressure': 1.23, 
      'serial_no': '175t23072', 

'nodenr': 200, 
      'rf_message_rssi': 38, 
      'rfstatus_cntr': 0, 

'room_1': {'room_temp': 26.4, 'setpoint': 19.5, 'override': 19.5}, 
      'room_2': {'room_temp': None, 'setpoint': None, 'override': 19.0}
    }
    Using a Round Thermostat (or, indeed, two) is a separate issue - you can still controller the boiler via TPI (BDR91) or modulation (Opentherm bridge).

2020-11-29 (2).jpg
    Last edited by zxdavb; 29th November 2020 at 07:11 PM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

These are the devices that it offers to Domoricz.

Screenshot_2020-11-29 20.44.06_bR7J4I.jpg

P.

Automated Home Sr Member

To summarise - they both pull essentially the same data (HA pulls more data, but these differences are trivial).

Thus, in both cases, you do not have CV return temp.

You have no idea how annoyed I was when I found out that the CV return temp was not available.
    Last edited by zxdavb; 29th November 2020 at 09:02 PM.

Last of return temp is REALLY annoying. You can't get it via Opentherm either. But the sensor is there because you can see the value in the InComfort app.

One day I'll wireshark the app and see if there's a way of pulling the data by pretending to be a phone!

Automated Home Lurker

Many thanks to both of you for your prompt and complete replies - you've saved me from wasting my time and money.

Commiserations to zxdavb - annoyed seems a very controlled response - I seem to remember that return temp was displayed when I looked at the app - so to discover it's not available in this case would have made me purple from the fingernails up !!

Best regards Michael

Automated Home Lurker

Hadn't seen your last two posts Paul when I posted last - at least you've confirmed I had remembered correctly that it's in the app.