• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x10it
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2005

CAN I CHANGE A PULL CORD LIGHT TO X10?

Any help appreciated as to whether I can change a pull cord light over to X10
    eg in the bathroom

Also rather than replace the switches all the time is there a componant which goes inside the existing switches available, i'm sure I saw them once but can't seem to locate them now

Thanks in advance
    :lol:
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: CAN I CHANGE A PULL CORD LIGHT TO X10?

X10 can replace almost any light switch. You just need to make sure you have a neutral wire at the location. There are modules that don't need a neutral wire but these have the ability to do soft start and dimming control as well, which I guess for a bathroom is not needed.
    I have seen these mods too for switches but this was a long time ago. I guess manufacturers want you to spend more money on buying a new switch.
    If you go for the micro modules such as the AW12, appliance module, you can use your exsisting switches. Bear in mind that these are one way x10 only. This means that they can only receive X10 signals. So when you switch on manually via the switch it won't transmit its status. Only important if you have a controller that needs to know if the light is on or off.
    www.intellihome.be is a good place to order X10 stuff, if you order above 149 euros about 100 pounds then postage and packing is free and they normally take about 2 to 4 days for things to arrrive.
    Good luck
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• optweb
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2006

HI
      Has anyone seen a Light pull in X10

I know I have seen one a month back - it had a 'red' cord to it but it was X10
      Since I now have the time to install one I can't find it again :-(

Any links would be great

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

Here you go...

M.
        Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
        www.twitter.com/ottomate
        www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

Working...
        X