• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gordonb3
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2016

Help! Wrong temperature reported by zone

Stupid, but I allowed the batteries on one of the rads in a multi-room zone to run flat. Somehow this unit now appears to have taken control over the entire zone that is supposed to be monitored by a central placed Round thermostat, so now the HR92 units are all showing 16⁰C whereas the Round is showing 18.5⁰.

Any pointers how I can restore this?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I can't see how an HR92 going flat would cause your temperature sensor for the zone to change to it after the batteries were replaced.

Are you sure it wasn't the round thermostat that had an issue ? I've noted that when the sensor for a zone stops checking in for 30 minutes the HR92's will fall back to using their internal sensor automatically. Which temperature does the control panel report - the round sensor or the HR92 ?

To rebind / reassign the temperature sensor for a zone just go into the zone configuration and rebind the "sensor" - then choose your round thermostat. You can do this at any time to change sensors without rebinding all the devices in the zone.

Comment

• gordonb3
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2016

I'm seeing 16.2⁰ through the API, the Round reports 19⁰ which seems pretty accurate to the feel.

Comment

Working...
      X