• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorrisMancer
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2017

How to add a T87 to an existing system?

In a room with 2 rads the temperature is currently being sensed by one of the HR92s and I want to replace the sensor with a T87 wall stat. I did it last year in a different room but can't remember what I did (I must be getting senile!) and can't find any guidance on the web. Please could someone aid my (currently Covid-positive!) brain.
  • kevinsmart
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Sep 2018

See the T87RF section here:

Just bought evohome? Got evohome issues? Very important evohome information – Take Time To Read This! If you are reading our EVOHOME Help Guide, you probably now own a Honeywell Home evohome product but it has not been installed quite correctly. In any case, congratulations on your purchase and once you've resolved your issues you will

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

In the Evohome installer's menu in that zone, just replace the sensor shown with your T87 sensor.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2017

Thanks!
        In case anyone else has the same question (and for when I need to do it again and have forgotten!):
        1. clear all T87 bindings by touching the lower left of the faceplate for 10+ seconds, until "bo" appears, then touch the lower left area again until the wireless icon disappears from the top right of the display
        2. if the link symbol is present on the T87 display (showing a link to an RFG100) it seems that it's necessary to clear this from the RFG100 end by powering it up and pressing the button underneath until the link light goes out, shortly afterwards the link symbol disappears from the T87
        3. enter the set-up menu on the controller, then zone configuration, then highlight the zone of interest and change the sensor to "evohome controller" then change it back to "remote sensor" when it will ask to bind
        4. touch the lower left of the T87 faceplate for 10+ seconds until "bo" appears, turn the dial until "Co" appears and then briefly touch the left touch area and binding should occur.

I hope that helps someone. Let me know if I've mis-typed anything.

(OOI, when turning the T87 dial beyond Co it shows Hc - wassat for?)

Comment

Working...
        X