X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

This is why I am not a massive fan of the Frost Protection settings in Evohome. By the time a room in the house has reached 5C, pipes under the floor and unheated areas are way lower than that.
    This is why I used to have a HRxx valve in the loft which wasn't connected to a radiator. This would trigger the Frost protection in advance of the rooms.

Comment

• gpaolo79
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2020

Well, I have arrived a couple of hours ago in a very fresh house. Mystery solved: boiler was blocked with a fault. It´s Worcester Greenstar, code was F7, which is Ionisation detected before burner start. Never had any error in the past year... After a reset it has restarted and it's warming up. I'll see if it does it again, but I was wondering if the new evohome could have something to do with it. Before, the heating was switching on and off relatively few times a day, now I can hear the relay switching on and off the boiler quite often, and in more than one occasion without a clear idea of what is triggering the switch on.
      Did anyone experience any similar issue?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by gpaolo79 View Post
        Well, I have arrived a couple of hours ago in a very fresh house. Mystery solved: boiler was blocked with a fault. It´s Worcester Greenstar, code was F7, which is Ionisation detected before burner start. Never had any error in the past year... After a reset it has restarted and it's warming up. I'll see if it does it again, but I was wondering if the new evohome could have something to do with it. Before, the heating was switching on and off relatively few times a day, now I can hear the relay switching on and off the boiler quite often, and in more than one occasion without a clear idea of what is triggering the switch on.
        Did anyone experience any similar issue?
        Is it a Greenstar CDI? If it is you’ll need some new electrodes fitted by a gas safe engineer and probably a service

Comment

• gpaolo79
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2020

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
          Is it a Greenstar CDI? If it is you’ll need some new electrodes fitted by a gas safe engineer and probably a service
          I think it's the CDI, yes... Ok I'll try to find someone to do the work.

Comment

Working...
          X