Thread: HR92 Remove from one zone add to another

Automated Home Jr Member

Default HR92 Remove from one zone add to another

I am looking to do what I thought would have a quite simple process in moving a HR92 from one zone to another but saw an old post on here that was rather complicated involving deleting zones, etc which I ideally don't want to do. I realise that (VERY DISAPPOINTINGLY) there have been hardly any beneficial updates to a "top of the range" system in the past three years but wondered if there is a simply way of achieving this?
    Thanks

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davidj View Post
    I am looking to do what I thought would have a quite simple process in moving a HR92 from one zone to another but saw an old post on here that was rather complicated involving deleting zones, etc which I ideally don't want to do. I realise that (VERY DISAPPOINTINGLY) there have been hardly any beneficial updates to a "top of the range" system in the past three years but wondered if there is a simply way of achieving this?
    Thanks
    To do it properly it has to be unbound at both the HR92 end and the controller end before binding it to the new zone or odd things can happen....

The first part is easy - press the button on the HR92 quickly then press and hold until it says BIND, then instead of a quick press to bind do a long press until it says cleared.

On the controller end there isn't an explicit way to unbind devices from a zone other than deleting the zone, (losing its name and schedule in the process) but there is a workaround.

Change the type of the zone from radiator zone to zone valve, pretend to be binding to a zone valve relay but when you get to the point where it wants you to bind the device choose cancel and you will now have a zone that still retains the previous name and schedule but has no devices bound to it as changing the zone type removes all previous bindings to the zone.

Then change the zone type back to radiator and follow the prompts to re-bind any other devices that were previously in the zone and are to remain in that zone and/or new devices.

Once this is done the zone the HR92 came out of is back in operation with its remaining/new devices working and previous name and schedule retained. Your HR92 is now free to be bound to another existing zone or a newly created zone in the standard way.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 6th January 2021 at 11:53 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Brilliant. Thanks so much.