Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to represent a Blind / blind state in Cortex

So where is the demand to the motor object coming from? I.e the signals asking it to open/close/stop?

Automated Home Guru cliffwright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    So where is the demand to the motor object coming from? I.e the signals asking it to open/close/stop?
    I was purely intending for now to use this Motor Control object (which I've chosen the roller blind icon for in plan view) for local control. Ie, the Motor control object shows up in the Mobile UI as a Blind, which has the "Open", "Close" and "Stop" controls. Later I was going to likely connect this to the 2nd button on an SLD that controls the room lights too for non mobile-phone control (single press for "Open", double-press for "Close" or something I guess). ... I'd likely have some form of schedule for closing the blind overnight / opening in the morning, and maybe in this room, 1/2 closing when a brightness level is exceeded too.

Motor relay output connections and a 'Busy' connection have been added to the motor control object. The former depend on the state of the control relays so different relay configurations will give different behaviours, and the Busy output could be inverted to create a positive stop signal. You can find these changes in the latest development update.