• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

HR92 Updates

My HR92s will be 7 years old this year. Are the current new HR92s the same as those of 7 years ago? I.e. no updates to them. It may be me but I think mine are getting noisier. Perhaps like me they are getting long in the tooth!
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Does the HR92 display it's firmware version anywhere, either on a sticker or on start-up. IMHO Resideo actually do not handle part numbers very well, the latest BDR91 is quite different from the old BDR91 and yet they are called the same. I try and force myself to refer to the new ones as BDR91T.
    So although the latest ones might still be called HR92, it could easily be a newer hardware and software sitting within the same outer shell.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Nothing obvious but if I lift the display panel it reads “HR92UK 1.01” Then “1436 5 ST3”

I imagine 1.01 is it’s firmware. If anybody in the forum has recently bought an HR92 perhaps he or she could check what their’s shows? Just lift the display up.

Should also say that I removed power to it and as you restore it shows 1.01.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

On my HR80, when I first put the batteries in, the display shows me the firmware version. Does the HR92 not do that?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

As said 1.01.

Comment

• Billywizzo
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2020

Mine are about 4 to 5 year old and are all firmware 1.01

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

We need someone who has bought an extremely recent set to chime in. I understand that evohome controllers are now being sold with the latest firmware on them, those will be the sets to check.

Comment

• winger
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Nov 2006

I bought one on Saturday. Firmware is unchanged, though it looks a little different on the front - there is a Honeywell Home badge and it is now immediately above the LCD screen

Comment

• DBMandrake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Sep 2014

All mine bought from 5 years ago up until one replacement last year have firmware 1.01 as reported when the batteries are inserted.

Comment

• benwillcox
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                    We need someone who has bought an extremely recent set to chime in. I understand that evohome controllers are now being sold with the latest firmware on them, those will be the sets to check.
                    Not sure about that, I bought one two weeks ago and the firmware didn't have Electric Heating zone type support, had to contact support and they pushed the latest update through to me.

Comment

• kevinsmart
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by benwillcox View Post
                      Not sure about that, I bought one two weeks ago and the firmware didn't have Electric Heating zone type support, had to contact support and they pushed the latest update through to me.
                      Must be old stock. Both of my new controllers had latest firmware pre-installed.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by benwillcox View Post
                        Wow, Electric zone was introduced almost 4 years ago now.

Comment

Working...
                        X