Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HR92 Updates

Automated Home Legend

Default HR92 Updates

My HR92s will be 7 years old this year. Are the current new HR92s the same as those of 7 years ago? I.e. no updates to them. It may be me but I think mine are getting noisier. Perhaps like me they are getting long in the tooth!

Automated Home Legend

Does the HR92 display it's firmware version anywhere, either on a sticker or on start-up. IMHO Resideo actually do not handle part numbers very well, the latest BDR91 is quite different from the old BDR91 and yet they are called the same. I try and force myself to refer to the new ones as BDR91T.
    So although the latest ones might still be called HR92, it could easily be a newer hardware and software sitting within the same outer shell.

Automated Home Legend

Nothing obvious but if I lift the display panel it reads “HR92UK 1.01” Then “1436 5 ST3”

I imagine 1.01 is it’s firmware. If anybody in the forum has recently bought an HR92 perhaps he or she could check what their’s shows? Just lift the display up.

Should also say that I removed power to it and as you restore it shows 1.01.

Automated Home Legend

On my HR80, when I first put the batteries in, the display shows me the firmware version. Does the HR92 not do that?

Automated Home Legend

As said 1.01.

Automated Home Jr Member

Mine are about 4 to 5 year old and are all firmware 1.01

Automated Home Legend

We need someone who has bought an extremely recent set to chime in. I understand that evohome controllers are now being sold with the latest firmware on them, those will be the sets to check.

Automated Home Lurker

I bought one on Saturday. Firmware is unchanged, though it looks a little different on the front - there is a Honeywell Home badge and it is now immediately above the LCD screen

Automated Home Legend

All mine bought from 5 years ago up until one replacement last year have firmware 1.01 as reported when the batteries are inserted.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    We need someone who has bought an extremely recent set to chime in. I understand that evohome controllers are now being sold with the latest firmware on them, those will be the sets to check.
    Not sure about that, I bought one two weeks ago and the firmware didn't have Electric Heating zone type support, had to contact support and they pushed the latest update through to me.