X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I see the mention in that post but if mine has any they don't work There is no resistance to being lifted off at all except the weight of the device. It even tilts/rocks side to side quite a bit with no feeling of any magnetic attraction.

Comment

• Goose
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2021

Mines the same, just resting on the wall mount, no resistance at all really, I’m even thinking about screwing a 3D printed cover around the outside to stop the ability to take it off lol

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

That's what the V2 touch screen controller looks like.

So when you open up your V3 controller, look at the back of the V3 controller and if the part numbers are the same, you are in luck.
        20210204_215944.jpg

Comment

• CT1
          Automated Home Guru
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Goose View Post
          Mines the same, just resting on the wall mount, no resistance at all really, I’m even thinking about screwing a 3D printed cover around the outside to stop the ability to take it off lol
          I have not been able to detect any sign of a magnet in either the wall mount or the Evotouch. I used a piece of ferrous metal and a magnet. They stuck to each other but showed no sign of sticking to any part of the wall mount nor the Evotouch. I used a weak magnet to reduce any chance of it interfering with the Evotouch but it would have shown some indication if a magnet or ferrous metal was present. Maybe a cost cutting exercise after design but before production?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

A magnet will stick to bottom ends at the back of the controller. Which means that there are definitely metal plates built into the controller. I've not checked if the magnets are built into the wall mount though.

Comment

• CT1
              Automated Home Guru
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              A magnet will stick to bottom ends at the back of the controller. Which means that there are definitely metal plates built into the controller. I've not checked if the magnets are built into the wall mount though.
              Tried again, no hint of anything sticking on either the controller or mount. Nor is there any hint of the controller sticking to the mount. Maybe an omission during production for some batches? Fortunately my Evotouch is not mounted in an exposed position.

Comment

Working...
              X