Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evohome controller dropped

Automated Home Legend

Mine is in the hallway on a wall stand and it has nearly been knocked off a few times as well. It's far too loose on the stand in my opinion, compared to the table stand which is a snug fit - I'm thinking of putting something like some thin self adhesive felt on parts of the stand to pad out the gap a little bit and give it a bit of grip/friction when sliding to reduce the chance of it slipping off when bumped. Haven't got around to it yet though.

Why the table top stand is a nice snug fit and the wall stand is very loose is anyone's guess. Designed by different teams probably!
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 2nd February 2021 at 09:40 AM.

Automated Home Legend

The T87RF can have schedules and app control too, via the RFG100.

Automated Home Legend

Infact the V2 table and wall stand was absolutely nice and snug. The V3 wall stand with its fancy magnets etc, is worse than the V2. Goes to show, newer is not necessarily better.

Automated Home Legend

I doubt the OP has an RFG100 though if they have the WiFi controller.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Infact the V2 table and wall stand was absolutely nice and snug. The V3 wall stand with its fancy magnets etc, is worse than the V2. Goes to show, newer is not necessarily better.
    Magnets ? What magnets ?

Mine is very loose and slides upwards with no resistance at all apart from the weight of the controller

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I see the mention in that post but if mine has any they don't work There is no resistance to being lifted off at all except the weight of the device. It even tilts/rocks side to side quite a bit with no feeling of any magnetic attraction.

Automated Home Lurker

Mines the same, just resting on the wall mount, no resistance at all really, Iím even thinking about screwing a 3D printed cover around the outside to stop the ability to take it off lol

Automated Home Legend

That's what the V2 touch screen controller looks like.

So when you open up your V3 controller, look at the back of the V3 controller and if the part numbers are the same, you are in luck.
    20210204_215944.jpg

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Mines the same, just resting on the wall mount, no resistance at all really, I’m even thinking about screwing a 3D printed cover around the outside to stop the ability to take it off lol
    I have not been able to detect any sign of a magnet in either the wall mount or the Evotouch. I used a piece of ferrous metal and a magnet. They stuck to each other but showed no sign of sticking to any part of the wall mount nor the Evotouch. I used a weak magnet to reduce any chance of it interfering with the Evotouch but it would have shown some indication if a magnet or ferrous metal was present. Maybe a cost cutting exercise after design but before production?

Automated Home Legend

A magnet will stick to bottom ends at the back of the controller. Which means that there are definitely metal plates built into the controller. I've not checked if the magnets are built into the wall mount though.