Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the controller has a "Day Off with Eco Until" Quick action

Automated Home Legend

Default Apparently the controller has a "Day Off with Eco Until" Quick action

I was reading through some old documentation and found that the Evohome controller seems to have a mode called "Day Off with Eco" I don't believe we can set this via the controller, but it is possible via the HGI80. Any one ever used this?
    With a lot of us working/schooling from home the controller seems to be permanently set to "Day Off" but then you cannot use "Eco" and this is why this mode caught my attention.

Automated Home Sr Member

Been using it all year its ace.

by default it uses saturday schedule.

can use on app and online
    Controller day off 01.jpgController day off 02.jpgController day off 03.jpgController day off 04.jpgController day off 05.jpg

Automated Home Legend

How are you able to use the Day Off and the Eco quick action together via the Controller?

Automated Home Sr Member

ah sorry, no you cannot, do that, easily..

Automated Home Legend

You can, just not via the controller. That was my discovery. But if you could do it via the Controller, I would have been a tad bit embarrassed.

Automated Home Sr Member

yeah i mis read your post,i should be the embarrassed one

Automated Home Legend

I'll try and get this coded into Domoticz when I get some time and work out how the web part of the code works. I've tested it manually and it works pretty well actually. Only issue is that the controller shows this as "Day Off" the icon used in the zone is from "Day Off" but it's only when you look at the setpoints, you realise that it has applied the Eco setting to the Day Off setpoints, which is exactly what I think we might need come the Spring. In lockdown, every day is a "Day Off"!!

Automated Home Legend

If you have an HGI80 or similar then it's quite easy to switch the controller to this hidden "Day Off with Eco" mode. There is another hidden mode called "Auto with Reset", which makes all zones follow the schedule, even those that are set to Permanent override,

Automated Home Legend

I don’t have the need for the likes of Day Off but do use the Custom mode. Mine is configured to put the whole house at 19C, used if it has been a cold night and I want to make it more comfortable for guests etc. Talking of cold nights I generally find rooms drop to around 15C if it is -1C outside. Frequent looking at the Panel first thing in the morning does highlight which rooms cool the most - more exposed outside walls, North facing. I look forward to a new boiler next week and OpenTherm etc. Play time again. I am sure Evohome will perform far better for me. Not that I am unhappy with what it does now. Might even try optimisation again.

Automated Home Legend

Whole system optimisation is a wasted feature that I never use any more. It has no place in a Zoned environment. Bring back the Zoned optimisation from the V2 controllers Resideo.

But the Smart weather boost for the Colder rooms, works quite nicely. Similar to you, I noted which rooms lost the most heat overnight and now only set those to be boosted a little.