X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

I think it was quite a poor design decision to remove the per zone optimisation from Evohome. You tend to need optimisation only in the highly used rooms but forcing it on the whole house actually erodes some of the zoning / saving potential of Evohome.
    It's got nothing to do with Opentherm or outside temperature because it was there in the V2 controllers, they just did a market study of a few people and according to Resideo feedback was that per zone optimisation was too difficult for those people to understand.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Last night I just pushed a PR through to Domoticz to release the "Day Off With Eco" mode.
      @gordonb3 I have no idea what knock on impact that causes to the Evohome Web client. The reason I say this is although the Controller shows the mode change, there is no corresponding app mode for Day Off With Eco and the app incorrectly reads this mode as Auto. I checked the json that comes back, its shown as Auto.
      So there is no way, Domoticz users who only use the web client can use this new mode.
      On the Controller too its a little strange. The main Quick action icon displayed is the normal Day Off, however when you click the Quick action instead of returning to Auto/Normal it flips to Eco/Boost and only if you click it again it returns to Auto/Normal.
      Hope people find this useful as we seem to be in a forever Day Off situation.

Comment

Working...
      X