Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accuracy of Nest TPI control?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MJNewton View Post
    I think you might be mixing up two aspects within True Radiant? Google uses the term to cover not just the TPI element but also what others call Optimum Start.

That's exactly what my Nest does - sometimes pulsing for only a minute which is annoying, not least given 20s of that is just the zone valve opening and boiler preparing to fire.
    Maybe they changed the firmware, my Nest V2 never pulsed, just appeared to stay off far too long. OpenTherm will improve matters if your boiler is compatible.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Maybe they changed the firmware, my Nest V2 never pulsed, just appeared to stay off far too long. OpenTherm will improve matters if your boiler is compatible.
    Sorry kevinsmart; I missed this reply. Funny you should mention it staying off for too long - I've sometimes thought similar with mine (v3).... There's no pleasing me is there! ;-)

Re Opentherm, yes, it'll definitely be a must-have feature of our next boiler but for now our Ideal Icos is soldiering on (touch wood) and so it's a simple on/off control for the time being hence why I'm keen on the TPI control to get the most out of it.