X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Before we take any money or order any parts, I will check this with Resideo. This isn't a business or ever going to be one. It's a project for this community. And if Resideo isn't going to like this, it will go nowhere. At this stage I was simply trying to gauge interest. I was actually hoping there would be demand for the blank PCBs because even for a prototype we needed to order more than we needed.
    At the most we will just sell this as an Arduino platform and let people to use it as they please.

Comment

• StuartP
      • Feb 2004

Just market it as an update nanoCUL arduino. What people choose to do with it after that is up to them.

£10 for a bare PCB seems a little steep, who are you using as your PCB house ?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Sorry, the £10 includes signed for UK shipping. But its also high because we have not mass produced a board. It's been made by one of the prototype manufacturers.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
          Sorry, the £10 includes signed for UK shipping. But its also high because we have not mass produced a board. It's been made by one of the prototype manufacturers.
          Actually make that £5 + shipping for the bare PCB. I had incorrectly assumed parcel shipping. A bare PCB could easily go through as a letter.

Comment

• PJB
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Feb 2020

Great work. Thanks. Count me in for an assembled unit please Bruce. Prefer an SMA type antenna connector rather than a pigtail .. but not a problem if you choose otherwise.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Don't knock the pigtails. What we found out was some "proper" antennas with SMA connectors etc were actually just pigtails in a suit.
              See the various antennas we have been testing.
              Attached Files

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by StuartP View Post
                Just market it as an update nanoCUL arduino. What people choose to do with it after that is up to them.

£10 for a bare PCB seems a little steep, who are you using as your PCB house ?
                Actually that's a very good point. This is infact nothing more than a DIY CULV3. Just that the CULV3 uses the normal ATMEL DFU bootloader whereas this being an Arduino, uses the Arduino bootloader and firmware is uploaded using the Arduino IDE.

Comment

• PJB
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  Don't knock the pigtails. What we found out was some "proper" antennas with SMA connectors etc were actually just pigtails in a suit.
                  See the various antennas we have been testing.
                  Yes, I had some similar experiences picking an antenna for an esp8622 / wi-fi / solar convertor / mqtt project a couple of years ago. All was not as it seemed!

I think SMA offers more mounting & case options, that's all. But either way, not a showstopper.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

You would think SMA male and female connectors would be standard. Apparently not! You can have an SMA female connector but with a male pin and vise versa. You have to love standards.

Comment

• daniel@paynefamily.co.uk
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2020

+1 For the fully assembled unit. Thanks

Comment

• scfnet
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Oct 2010

+1 For the fully assembled unit. Thanks Alastair

Comment

• filbert
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Oct 2017

I'm certainly interested but what is the benefit of this device? I've looked at the Domoticz threads but find it rather confusing. Is there an idiot's guide to the benefits?

Comment

• chippie
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Dec 2015

Following this with interest. A while back I got a nano cul etc, and tried to get it working with home assistant. I failed, and gave up, as I couldn't find a complete how to guide, and ran out of time.

Will the firmware you have got work on a nano cul version of this setup, or would I be better of getting these parts and starting again?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

If you have a NanoCUL, the same firmware works on it albeit with some limitations. So you should definitely try loading it again.

Comment

• heideschaap
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Oct 2020

Will you be able to ship to the Netherlands? If so, I sign-up for a fully assembled unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X