• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankmalia
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2019

Ghost Zone On APP and Web Access

WTF New Zone Appear.jpg
    Hi I put this up a couple of weeks ago on the saturday that everyones controllers and apps started doing weird things.

This extra zone appeared on the app and website.

Someone suggest reseting the controller to get rid of it.

My question is how do you reset the controller.

If I remove batteries and power off will I lose my setup?
    Last edited by frankmalia; 13 February 2021, 04:17 PM.
  • CT1
    Automated Home Guru
    • Apr 2016

Removing the batteries to reset will not loose your settings. It is good practice to take the Evotouch off its mount, remove the batteries, return to the mount, wait for it to reboot and show a cross in the battery symbol at the top left, then replace the batteries. This palaver is not required to reboot but does ensure that the batteries actually recharge (see other threads on battery charging problems). The Evotouch will then take a while to reestablish comms with the zones.

If this does not solve your problem you may need to remove the Evotouch from your account and then add it back., not something I have done but mentioned in another thread.
    Last edited by CT1; 13 February 2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• frankmalia
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2019

Ok, tried controller reset, batteries out and power off. Ghost zone still present. Positive, controller never died.

Had to remove the evohome from web site. That fixed website and the app, did not have to do anything to the app, it sorted itself out.

Cheers for help..

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by frankmalia View Post
        Ok, tried controller reset, batteries out and power off. Ghost zone still present. Positive, controller never died.

Had to remove the evohome from web site. That fixed website and the app, did not have to do anything to the app, it sorted itself out.

Cheers for help..
        Reluctantly I missed try this. My ghost zone won’t go otherwise. I can change the temperature in it and the run time. I can’t configure a schedule. What worries me a little is whether it could be sending ghost singles to the controller and then the boiler. My ghost zone appeared after deleting DHW and one room. New boiler installed on Thursday last and I can in the dead of night just hear it fire up for a very short time then go off every so often. A radiator in the downstairs WC which does not have a TRV gets warm. I wonder if that ghost room may be causing this or whether I need to look at cycling. The latter is set to the default 6. I have yet to wire in the OpenTherm Bridge. Must visit the web site as suggested.

Additional comment:
        I can’t delete my existing home on the web portal as it won’t let me. The reason given is that I also have Evohome Security and I need to remove that first. I have tried that but the system does not let me remove it. I go through the requested steps and when I confirm I immediately get a message saying the session has timed out. As I can’t remove the security system, I cannot change my “home” for Evohome and it follows that I can’t remove my ghost room. I guess I need to contact Honeywell.
        Last edited by G4RHL; 14 February 2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Case submitted to Honeywell. I will report back.

Comment

• Billywizzo
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2020

You need to email to the support department about the ghost zone. They will ask for info from your controller and remove it

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Billywizzo View Post
              You need to email to the support department about the ghost zone. They will ask for info from your controller and remove it
              As already said, done so.

Comment

• Billywizzo
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2020

Just info for the op so they know to email and support will remove it without you having to delete anything.
                I had it twice and both times it was removed within a day of me emailing them my controller info.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Billywizzo View Post
                  Just info for the op so they know to email and support will remove it without you having to delete anything.
                  I had it twice and both times it was removed within a day of me emailing them my controller info.
                  Thanks for that. I will see what happens. I have just put my ghost room up to 20C until midday to see what happens. Boiler did not fire up - thank goodness!

Comment

• Billywizzo
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2020

The ghost room does not control anything, that is what I was told. So if you have it, it is not going to do anything but just annoy you.

Comment

• frankmalia
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Apr 2019

Yeah, just noticed my trial status has disappeared due to removing account. How do I get that back..

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                        Thanks for that. I will see what happens. I have just put my ghost room up to 20C until midday to see what happens. Boiler did not fire up - thank goodness!
                        My ghost room is no more. Having taken it up with Honeywell/Resideo they have removed it at their end.

Comment

Working...
                        X