Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to log room temps and set points - IFTTT?

Automated Home Guru

Default What's the best way to log room temps and set points - IFTTT?

A few years ago, when I first installed Evohome, I used IFTTT to log room temps and set points. I had graphs of temp and set point for each room but this stopped working at some point and I forgot about it until recently. I'd like to be able to log again but I don't want to mess-around with code or bespoke hardware, I just want a service that runs on a PC or phone.
    I remember that IFTTT was quite unfriendly so, before I start digging around in it again, I'd like to check whether these functions are still available and whether there are alternatives.

Automated Home Jr Member

For this I use Domoticz. It's running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. It can register and control almost everything from Evohome.
    Logging room temps and setpoint is standard. Running for over 2 years without problem.

PS: For this to work you need an account with Honeywell Home Total Connect

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Jack007; 21st February 2021 at 06:22 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jack007 View Post
    For this I use Domoticz. It's running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. It can register and control almost everything from Evohome.
    Logging room temps and setpoint is standard. Running for over 2 years without problem.

PS: For this to work you need an account with Honeywell Home Total Connect

Capture.jpg
    Thanks, but although my background is in electronic and IT design I just want something that works that I don't have to build or code.

Automated Home Jr Member

Well, that the beauty, you don't have to build or code anything. Domoticz is free/open source and runs on ARM, Windows and Linux (https://www.domoticz.com/downloads/). Also most NAS providers (Synology, Asustor) have a Domoticz package (or put it in a docker).
    An account at Honeywell HTC is also free.
    The only thing you have to do is tell Domoticz it can use EvoHome.

Automated Home Guru

This is slightly embarrassing, but when I installed Domoticz the installer told me it was updating an earlier installation that I had forgotten I'd downloaded. I must have fried my remaining memory pixies :-( Thanks for the pointer.
    Currently I've got all the zones displayed; is it possible to see whether a particular zone is calling for heat?

Automated Home Jr Member

As far as I know it can only display information that is available in HHTC (see also Honeywell Home app) like schedules, current temperatures, setpoints, overrides, etc.
    Heat demand is not one of them (i wish it was).

Automated Home Guru

Having played around I can see the benefit of having Domoticz running on a dedicated system so I've ordered a Raspberry Pi - thanks for leading me to another learning curve and another pile of "to-do"s ;-)

Automated Home Legend

Domoticz becomes super handy with Evohome but only if you have an HGI80 or similar.

Automated Home Guru

I've already added my name to the list.

Automated Home Guru

I've been trying to add actual weather to Domoticz, but without success. The Open Weather Map "hardware" page doesn't look the same as in the documentation (there's nothing below the <location> box) and there are no devices. Have I missed an incantation, is there a better source of weather actuals?