Anyone using Domoticz with Evohome OT + Outdoor Temperature + HGI80 (or similar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oxygen
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2018

I do
    Boiler is Perfinox 4100, is reporting the external temperature on the system itself.
    It should respond to regular OT request, as the internal electronic card is OT compliant (Siemens LMU64)
    and as you know bruce, i have an HGI + OTB in my setup

I do have a OTGW, but I'm a bit lazy in connecting it up (and most importantly finishing up the network connexion of the OTGW)
    Last edited by oxygen; 1 March 2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

If you have access to the latest Domoticz Beta, could you please download and run that. Confirm that all your OT devices that had stopped updating have started updating again, every 5 mins. Once you confirm that, I'd like to ask you to try something in your local Domoticz wrt Outside Temperature. I coded everything and kept ready, but for some reason the data I was getting back from my OTB wasn't compliant to the OT Protocol. I am now convinced that is an issue with the VR33 that I use rather than my code or the OTB. Even without making any changes you should see these Outside Temperature messages displayed in the Domoticz Status log.

Comment

• oxygen
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2018

Done for the upgrade to latest beta.

Pending for the missing data, seems that the data is coming back online (but slower than every 5 mins)
        I've virtually everything back (apart from pressure & OEM error codes).

Here is the two usefull data I have:
        2021-03-01 14:11:40.239 Status: evohome: opentherm bridge detected, ID:0x29aa77
        2021-03-01 14:11:40.239 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Outside Temperature = 1.09 C 11 68
        [...]
        2021-03-01 14:16:35.507 Status: evohome: opentherm bridge detected, ID:0x29aa77
        2021-03-01 14:16:36.561 Status: evohome: WARNING unrecognised message structure - possible corrupt message '00C012016B' (3)

I need to go and have a look at the actual outside temp to confirm the reading because I'm quite sure it's warmer than 1.09°C
        (OpenWeather says approx 13°C)

Update on the value reported:
        2021-03-01 14:26:40.738 Status: evohome: opentherm bridge detected, ID:0x29aa77
        2021-03-01 14:26:40.738 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Outside Temperature = 0.97 C 0F 74
        Last edited by oxygen; 1 March 2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

The new code needs to first detect that you have an OTB in your system. That process can take a few minutes, but once it detects an OTB, it will start requesting the OT data every 5 mins, as before.

Comment

• oxygen
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Sep 2018

Yup, everything is now properly reported.
            External Temperature reading seems to be quite off though.

New value:
            2021-03-01 14:41:40.977 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Outside Temperature = 0.93 C 0E D8

Comment

• oxygen
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by oxygen View Post
              Yup, everything is now properly reported.
              External Temperature reading seems to be quite off though.

New value:
              2021-03-01 14:41:40.977 Status: evohome: OPENTHERM_BRIDGE: Outside Temperature = 0.93 C 0E D8
              Actual temp on the boiler is 14.5C

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

OK, but is 14.84C about right in terms of outside temperature for you now? That's what the 0E D8 translates to.

Comment

• oxygen
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Sep 2018

Yup, sounds about right

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Your OT is returning the proper data. Could you please do this for me.
                    Edit the file hardware/EvohomeRadio.cpp search for

Code:
                    //SendTempSensor(27, 255, fOTResponse / 16, "Outside Temperature");
                    and replace it with

Code:
                    SendTempSensor(27, 255, fOTResponse, "Outside Temperature");
                    Compile Domoticz and run it, like normal.

That will create an Outside Temperature sensor that will start tracking your outside temperature and should work as long as the temperature is above 0C. Once you confirm that, I will submit a proper fix that works for all temperatures including 0C and -ve outside temperatures

Comment

• oxygen
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Sep 2018

:/
                      I'm fetching the beta directly from github, so I'm not compiling locally

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

Ah right. So let me supply a proper code fix back to Domoticz that deals with 0C and -ve temperatures. But atleast now, I have enough evidence that the VR33 is what is causing the issue in my set-up.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

I have now submitted a PR to fix the Outside Temperature OT data and it now creates a sensor device called Outside Temperature, which gets updated every 5 mins with the data your OT boiler connected sensor sends back. And it can deal with -ve temperatures too.
                          I also added code to start tracking the OT Status i.e. is CH mode on, Flame on etc? But given that Evohome does not seem to distinguish between CH and DHW modes, I couldn't see the real Automation capability of tracking this Status. However if anyone believes that knowing when the CH is turned on, on a Domoticz device is useful, then I can code that in, no problem.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jul 2014

OK @oxgen try now. My PR has been merged into the latest Domoticz development branch. I am now correctly handling temperature and updating an Outside Temperature device in Domoticz.

Comment

• oxygen
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                              OK @oxgen try now. My PR has been merged into the latest Domoticz development branch. I am now correctly handling temperature and updating an Outside Temperature device in Domoticz.
                              It's working like a charm!
                              Congrats:-)

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Can anyone see the need to track the OT CH and Fault status of the boiler? I already track the Flame Status.

Comment

Working...
                                X