Thread: Evohome latest firmware positive feedback

Automated Home Legend

Default Evohome latest firmware positive feedback

A lot of the firmware threads start becoming "digs" at Honeywell/Resideo and I am one of the biggest culprits.

So this one will try to be different.

I like the Cold Weather boost, especially because I can select which zones it is applied to.
    I absolutely love the adjustable Eco and the fact that Resideo made it adjustable in both directions +/- is brilliant.
    I like the fact that the Controller UI shows which zone is being Cold Boosted and when Warm shutoff has kicked in.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    A lot of the firmware threads start becoming "digs" at Honeywell/Resideo and I am one of the biggest culprits.

I like the Cold Weather boost, especially because I can select which zones it is applied to.
    I absolutely love the adjustable Eco and the fact that Resideo made it adjustable in both directions +/- is brilliant.
    I like the fact that the Controller UI shows which zone is being Cold Boosted and when Warm shutoff has kicked in.
    Absolutely support the above and this thread
    Having been with Evohome since its first monochrome version, I am still very happy with the product based on my rational for purchase. To me these enhancements are "icing on the cake" but fully appreciated during this last very cold spell.
    I also come from a generation of "if it aint broke don't fix it" so am not always looking for an upgrade as I also know (being in the software development sector) that upgrades can have their down sides.
    So yes agree it is time to "big evohome up" !!

Automated Home Lurker

Default Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post

The Cold weather boost is definitely a plus, and now my evo has a heat pump as a heat source, it means I'm getting best out of my system. Great job to those involved!

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I just love the fact that Evohome is still being supported / improved, despite the controller being a bit long in the tooth now.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    I just love the fact that Evohome is still being supported / improved, despite the controller being a bit long in the tooth now.
    I thought this thread wasn't for digs...

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I thought this thread wasn't for digs...
    It really wasn't. Or rather, wasn't meant to be.

Automated Home Sr Member

I really like the latest update,particularly the cold weather boost. Today I used the "new" eco setting for the first time which I have set to -1.5