Thread: Latest version of Cortex W10

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Latest version of Cortex W10

Hi,

Spurred by the thread on Cortex W10, I've just checked the version of W10 I'm running. It's W10.0.6, the update check reports that it's the latest version, is that correct?

I've had a few odd crashed where the Defibrillator has had to intervene, nothing significant enough for me to bother investigating though...

Thanks

Peter

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

we have that, too ... seems to be down to a Memory Creep problem - a small one associated with Cortex W10 itself can be seen in Task Manager, but there's a much larger exponential one within Windows overall (Task Manager shows overall Memory running out, but list of Applications etc below shows none the cause) ... we're running Windows 8.1 ... Defibrillator sometimes intervenes, but more often Windows gives a warning message (which we see only if we happen to view the screen), and soon after the whole thing locks up - have to use the Power Button to force power off & then again to restart ... happens two or three times per year ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 10th March 2021 at 01:12 PM.

W10.0.6 is the most recent base version however there have been many development updates since then. You can hang on for a bit longer whilst we roll them up into the next base version or get in touch for instructions on how to access the latest development build (currently 03/03/21).

I am aware of Chris's case but this remains a puzzle as we haven't been able to reproduce or diagnose it yet. I have access to a few long running systems mostly using CortexW10 on Windows 10 now, although there is one on Windows 7. Of course Windows 10 has a habit of doing update restarts which could mask such an issue. However I do also monitor a couple of 'update hobbled' machines which haven't been restarted for a long while now. If you do suspect something like this then please do check memory usage and let us know.

Happy to report that the latest version of Cortex W10 (W10.1.0) is now available. You can update manually using the normal update method or your system may have already updated if automatic is enabled.

If you use any MJPEG cameras please be aware that the camera handling components are also updated and there is now an option in the Configure Source menu to 'Use embedded decoder' which you should enable (for MJPEG cameras only). Then save the database. Passing MJPEG through the RTSP filter was prone to delays and could cause long pauses if the camera communication was not reliable - so potentially instigating a defibrillator event. This looks to be confirmed as the cause of the symptoms reported in the first post above.
    Last edited by Karam; 24th March 2021 at 12:48 AM.