X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billywizzo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

Wondered if anyone knows if the pin in the adapter should be able to move.
    Had another radiator warming up when the heating was on for another room and this radiator was set to a colder temp so should not be warming up.
    The pin moving so not fully punishing the valve pin to closed is the only thing I can find that may be stopping the valve being fully closed.
    Everything was fine and now 2 rads have been playing up recently.

Comment

• rachelism
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2021

Here I swapped adaptor valves in the back room and it's better. I've got a few rooms to do that in. The pin should be in contact with the base plate for the rad valve itself

Comment

• Billywizzo
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2020

The pin in the adapter can be pushed back and fourth, I just wondered if it is meant to be able to move. It moves out when you turn the black dial but then you can just push it flush and wondered if that is normal.

Comment

• rachelism
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Feb 2021

If the position reported is <20% and the radiator is still heating you probably have a physical problem with the valve body (seizing up/stiff) or it is not fully compatible with the HR92 in terms of valve pin travel and force required. Not all M30 x1.5 valves that an HR92 can fit will work well with it! (I say this from first hand experience of problems that lead me to changing my valve bodies)

Some valve bodies might require the Stroke setting to be set to 1 to fully close - this causes it to push down harder and move the pin further between fully closed and fully open. I use this mode on my system. (The drawback is slightly reduced battery life)
          ------------

Hello, you kindly replied to my post. this winter, this is happening again - same radiators (that I've noticed!). There are 3 that I'm using for "testing". So what happened is, it heats up when it shouldn't - measured temp 20 degrees, target 18 degrees. Valve position is at 0 but radiator is burning hot.

I had this 5 days ago, and unscrewed the head fully, and the adaptor, then re-screwed it back on, undoing adaptor so it's fully open. Adaptor was mostly partially closed when I started this process. The radiator then turns itself off, and this then appears to work again.

5 days later, here we are, back to square 1. same symptoms. Valve position 0 but radiator not off.

This is happening on multiple radiators, heads. I've even changed heads and adaptors before and it still happens. I believe the radiator body is a honeywell on a stelrad radiator

Please help. After several winters trying to get to the bottom, I'm very close to either giving up on the Evohome in favour of a Tado, or reverting back to normal TRVs

Comment

Working...
          X