• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

Honeywell Home's Total Connect Comfort - Alert: Failed Zone Change

We've started getting this a few times recently as an email alert. Never had it before in several years of use, and the main controller can control all the zones just fine.
    Is there a problem with the app that anyone knows of?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I've had a few failed zone change warnings myself recently via the Alexa integration.

I have an Alexa Goodnight routine which turns off various lights and performs individual zone overrides for all the downstairs zones - on the occasions I've received the alerts one or two zones have not applied the requested change properly.

This issue is usually a problem with Honeywell servers - not much you can do about it except wait until their servers are working a bit more reliably. A few years ago I used to get this problem a LOT, but it has been pretty reliable in the last year.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

...plus of late the app has become exceptionally slow loading in and effecting changes one makes.

Comment

• FullBore
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2016

I too have found the app. to be excruciatingly slow in recent days, minutes to initiate...

I have also been receiving "Alert: Failed Zone Change" emails.

I assume that relates to the continuing server problems. I cannot understand why there is a single point of failure, multiple servers and "elegant redundancy" are IMHO essential.

NJSS

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
          I too have found the app. to be excruciatingly slow in recent days, minutes to initiate...

I have also been receiving "Alert: Failed Zone Change" emails.

I assume that relates to the continuing server problems. I cannot understand why there is a single point of failure, multiple servers and "elegant redundancy" are IMHO essential.

NJSS
          ...and the customer is left not knowing whether it is his system or Honeywell’s. Customer relations,

Comment

Working...
          X