• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyP
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2021

Phantom Zone on totalconnect portal

First post , so chance to say that the presence of this forum clinched my decision to go down the Evohome route.

Setup is DHW Y Plan , wired Oil Boiler (no Open Therm)
    Initially took it step by step , DHW and single (defaulted living room ) zone using Evohome controller as sensor and HR92Uk attached to a 'unconnected' new TRV valve base (so I could watch the HR92 perform).
    Had some what I thought was pretty random behaviour , but was combination of lack of understanding , HW Priority , and the HR92 lock ring not full engaged in lock position (worked sometimes). The latter created the situation where the zone was showing a large delta between ambient and set point but no call for heat. I think it was this site or a youtube that got me to check the lock ring as a possible cause of erratic behaviour.
    During the debug process, factory reset and rebound everything , and added additional zones , HR92s and DTS92.
    Works as expected.
    Portal (or app) showing no comms ... oops forgot to add wifi after factory reset .. added again , comms restored and everything is as you would expect , except I have an additional unamed 'phantom' zone. It reports no temperature but has an adjustable setpoint which given it's range says this phantom is based on the Hot Water '.

The evohome controller shows only the configured zones & HW.

I'm guessing this is an artefact of the factory reset, but not sure of how to delete this phantom zone.

Is it safe to delete the totalconnect account and recreate? Don't want to find it comes back and says the MAC is already allocated when trying to recreate.

Have no experience of the quality of their support capability , didn't want to go down a black hole if there was someone on here that had already gone down the road , so to speak.

Thanks

Andy
  • Billywizzo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

There are other posts about phantom zones if you search.
    Contact evohome support and they will remove it for you

Comment

• AndyP
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2021

Hi Billy , rookie error .. thanks for not flaming
      Actually , by the time I got back to the forum from previous forays , my mind wasn't on phantom zones, but on totalconnect account deletion which isn't on here, as my next step.
      Didn't want to just ask an account question without providing context ...

Thanks

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

After 5 years of using Evohome I have my first 62 degree phantom zone in the iPhone app... :P

I haven't touched a thing either - it's just appeared for no apparent reason. Haven't got around to trying to fix it yet.

Comment

• Billywizzo
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2020

So did mine, it just appeared. A quick email with a picture of your controller MAC ID and CRC code will sort it out

Comment

• RedEarth
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Jan 2021

I had a phantom zone on the portal yesterday as a result of trying to add an extra zone (just to try something out) but then aborting the process when the controller wanted to start binding devices. The zone had been created in the controller with no devices bound, so I deleted it from there, and then noticed an unnamed zone on the web portal with a current temp of 0 degrees and a set point of 62. It also appeared in the total connect app and in domoticz.
            I was able to get rid of it by removing and re-adding the comfort system (i.e. the evohome controller) to my account in the portal, I didn't actually need to recreate the account. I guess the act of adding a controller must've forced it to reload the list of zones.
            Maybe I was lucky because this phantom zone was created as a result of me actually doing something rather thana server side glitch?

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

I am fairly sure they appear when a zone is deleted or other function. Mine did after removing the DHW and one room. As said Honeywell will delete it for you.

Comment

Working...
              X