Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest firmware 02.00.19.33 - Suggestions for migrating from non-optimised control

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Attachment 1798

Some interesting observations.

As reported previously, the outside temperature is 3C less than actual.

I have both Cold Weather Boost and Warm Weather Saver activating at the same time.

We had milder weather the last couple of days (15C) and Warm Weather Saver activated for the rooms with stable temperatures, that don’t also have Cold Weather Boost enabled.
    It still seems to me that these settings are certainly not ones that reduce costs. If anything they may save you altering a setting but if you like your room at 20C then Evohome will surely maintain that without these extras. It is what it is meant to do.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    It still seems to me that these settings are certainly not ones that reduce costs. If anything they may save you altering a setting but if you like your room at 20C then Evohome will surely maintain that without these extras. It is what it is meant to do.
    I think the motivation is less user intervention. Warm Weather Saver will save energy if a user doesnít normally turn off the heating or switch to eco mode in spring/autumn. It probably avoids overheating a room. If the room will maintain 19.5C, donít bother heating to 20C.

And if you are typically having to boost some rooms when itís cold outside, well you can automate somewhat via cold weather boost.

Iíd rather just let Evohome do its thing without intervention, turning it off, up or down. Of course if you are comfortable with how itís maintaining comfort with a 20C setting and no optimisation thatís great too.

Automated Home Legend

I’d rather just let Evohome do its thing without intervention, turning it off, up or down. Of course if you are comfortable with how it’s maintaining comfort with a 20C setting and no optimisation that’s great too.
    I agree. It just seems odd to me having a system like Evohome that gives you proper control without external interference. If a user wants their room to be 19c, 20c or 21c or whatever and Evohome is so set then it does not need an outside sensor (or in the case of the Evohome Panel an inside sensor sensing outside temperature!). If the temperature outside drops or goes up the temperature of the structure of the house will go down or up but Evohome will maintain your room temperature anyway. It does not need to be told these things. It might if the system had foresight and knew that the temperature was going to go up or down in 57 minutes time! A bit like the Dark Sky app from which you get the odd message “it will rain in ???? In 12 minutes time.”! Often it doesn’t.

Automated Home Lurker

Attachment 1798

Some interesting observations.

As reported previously, the outside temperature is 3C less than actual.

I have both Cold Weather Boost and Warm Weather Saver activating at the same time.

We had milder weather the last couple of days (15C) and Warm Weather Saver activated for the rooms with stable temperatures, that donít also have Cold Weather Boost enabled.
    I've had the same issue: after all rooms correctly went into Warm Weather Saver mode yesterday, 2 rooms failed to come out of Warm Weather Saver mode today even though outside temp is showing 5C with a target of 18C. The rest of the rooms are set at 20.5C and are working as expected. I think there's an issue here.
    I'm not using Cold weather boost at all, so I think that maybe unrelated.