Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Main zone turning off every day not turning back on

Automated Home Jr Member

Mine has done similar. Last night it set the livingroom to 5 degrees but later it turned it back on. Today it has set a few to 5 degrees but not all.
    I am sure this is all part of the smart weather settings
    703C7BA5-2F53-4A54-91A3-6500EFF905C9.jpg
    CB73979D-7F38-4F93-B2DE-D69C6BEA4E4F.jpg

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by motor4all View Post
    So Ally153, you say, I just have to wait until the room temperature drops to 19.5 in my case. That sounds cold ;-)
    I've got winter boost to bring my setpoint up to 19.5 during the day...

If your setpoint is 20.5, the zone should come out of saver if the room temperature when the room drops below 20C. A override or toggling a quick action would clear any weather effects too.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ally153 View Post
    Once Warm Weather Saver is active in a zone, it doesn't cancel until the room temperature drops 0.5C below the current setpoint, based on the values you've mentioned the inside temperature is still higher than the setpoint, so Evo won't see a reason to kick itself out of this mode. There is no offset from outside temperature that is considered for warm weather saver - the mode is activated when the outside temperature gets close enough to or exceeds the zone's setpoint. The offset is only used by the Cold Weather Boost feature.
    Thanks for the insight @ally153, that explains what I am seeing.

What determines when warm weather saver is activated for a zone? I donít think the outside temperature ever exceeded their set points, so I guess there is a threshold? Also it was my rooms that have more stable temperatures (less glazing) that appeared to activate.

Automated Home Guru

What I also noticed is that if you make any adjustments to any zone’s schedule, warm weather saver is deactivated for all active zones.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Thanks for the insight @ally153, that explains what I am seeing.

What determines when warm weather saver is activated for a zone? I don’t think the outside temperature ever exceeded their set points, so I guess there is a threshold? Also it was my rooms that have more stable temperatures (less glazing) that appeared to activate.
    The feature is activated when the outside temperature gets close to or exceeds the room setpoint when the room temperature is already within 0.5C of setpoint. As you've noticed, the 'close to' threshold changes from room to room based on how the stat has calculated the heat loss of the room, so more stable rooms should kick into the mode sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    What I also noticed is that if you make any adjustments to any zone’s schedule, warm weather saver is deactivated for all active zones.
    This is true - when you change the schedule it will re-calculate the system - which could lead zones to immediately go back into one of the weather modes, but if it's a different time of the day, will probably need another event to re-trigger warm weather saver again.