Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main zone turning off every day not turning back on

Automated Home Lurker

Default Main zone turning off every day not turning back on

Hi,

I'm running the Evohome beta software but noticed that the main zone (the display) is now automatically turned off (gray in the display, setpoint to 5) at 13.00 since yesterday.
    There was nothing changed (by me) but the only difference is that the outside temperature is higher than the setpoint for that zone.
    This does make sense, but it never gives a command to start using the schedule for that zone.
    Also I can not simply turn that zone back to on. I will set it to continuous and than enable the program again.

Did someone already run into this issue?

Franz

Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar

I think this is due to the new 'Warm Weather Compensation' option in action.
    Once the outside temperature drops below the 'offset threshold' of the setpoint, things should return to the usual schedule.

Automated Home Lurker

Okay, so that seems not to be working for me now.
    Is there a way to see into logs if it did not receive the right command to turn back on?

Automated Home Jr Member

Do we know what this warm weather offset threshold actually is? I remember there was quite a lot of discussion about the cold weather boost a while ago, and the setting was made adjustable in the 19.33 firmware.
    I've noticed warm weather mode kicking in on a couple of my zones recently so it would be good to understand what it's doing. I get the general idea of how it works, just not sure exactly when it should kick in.

Automated Home Lurker

@redearth: Does the warm weather mode also turns the affected zone back on? Yesterday the warm weather condition turned 2 zones off yesterday (outside temperature 23+) but now (8 in the morning) the outside temperature is down to 8 but the zones are not back 'turned on'

Automated Home Jr Member

Some of my zones are back on at the moment, but the zone where the evohome controller is located and used as the thermostat has remained in warm weather mode since Tuesday. Yesterday evening all zones were in warm weather mode except for the one with the lowest setpoint which seems a bit odd but everything is comfortable so I'm not too worried about it. Just curious.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks! That is exactly the case here! The zone with the thermostat (Evohome display) stays in warm weather mode. What I also saw that is switched to warm weather mode 3 days in a row at exactly 13.00, since it will not be that warm today, I'll give it until 14.00 to 'recover'

Automated Home Lurker

Unfortunately no change in the zone setting at 13.00 (outside temperature is 11, inside is 21.5, original setpoint is 20.5)

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by motor4all View Post
    Unfortunately no change in the zone setting at 13.00 (outside temperature is 11, inside is 21.5, original setpoint is 20.5)
    Once Warm Weather Saver is active in a zone, it doesn't cancel until the room temperature drops 0.5C below the current setpoint, based on the values you've mentioned the inside temperature is still higher than the setpoint, so Evo won't see a reason to kick itself out of this mode. There is no offset from outside temperature that is considered for warm weather saver - the mode is activated when the outside temperature gets close enough to or exceeds the zone's setpoint. The offset is only used by the Cold Weather Boost feature.

Automated Home Lurker

So Ally153, you say, I just have to wait until the room temperature drops to 19.5 in my case. That sounds cold ;-)