Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome Opentherm Bridge Binding issue.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Billywizzo View Post
    No idea then sorry. I just connected my bridge to the boiler and set the evohome to opentherm and then did the binding.
    Might be worth emailing Honeywell about it, they were good when I emailed about an issue I was having with a ghost zone.
    A thought. Is your Honeywell OpenTherm Bridge compatible with the ECO range? I know it is with the Xclusive range for Intergas designed the OT connection with that in mind. It is not clear from the wiring diagram for the ECO whether there is any power coming out of 11 or 12. I assume there must be as you would not have seen the bridge light up when you paired it.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Honeywell OpenTherm Bridge works fine with this model boiler.

P.

Automated Home Legend

That’s one possible problem out of the way!

My new Intergas is working fine. Domestic Hot Water is OK now I have reduced the mains water pressure to below 3 bar. I note Worcester Bosch are happy with 10 bar. I have reduced the maximum power for CH down to 6.4kW.

What is also nice is that I don’t get messages in my Evohome fault log to tell me contact has been lost with my hot water sensor. I do get them if I take the Panel off the wall mount for more than 5 minutes to tell me power is down.

Automated Home Lurker

Got it sorted. I had to do a full reset of the RF unit on the boiler. Turned out the guy who installed it had tried to connect the evohome to the boilers built in RF unit even although he had been specifically asked not to do anything with the thermostat side of things. They were connected but they're not designed to work together. Once I reset the RF unit the Evohome and the Opentherm Bridge connected on the first attempt.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Automated Home Jr Member

Glad you managed to sort it out