• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petep
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2018

More SSM-D stock available
    Create your own free ecommerce store with Freewebstore. Build your free online store, add your own products and start making your fortune with a free website powered by our free ecommerce software.

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

To answer my own question, no, Python isn't required. I think it's for plugins.

Anyway, delighted with the little gadget. Struggling a bit with Domoticz but that's off topic for this thread

Comment

• Ghostrider
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        Domoticz and Home Assistant are only two of such front ends that can be used.
        What other ones are there?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          To answer my own question, no, Python isn't required. I think it's for plugins.

Anyway, delighted with the little gadget. Struggling a bit with Domoticz but that's off topic for this thread
          Feel free to start a new thread about Evohome and Domoticz, either here or on the Domoticz Evohome subforum.

Comment

• petep
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Jan 2018

What's fantastic is that (so far) nobody has had a problem with the SSM or SSM-D

Comment

• petep
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Jan 2018

And I'm keen to hear of anyone trying to extend the functionality of their SSM-D

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by petep View Post
                And I'm keen to hear of anyone trying to extend the functionality of their SSM-D
                So much to do, so little time. But just you wait, come Oct, everyone will be tinkering with this.

Comment

• Ghostrider
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by petep View Post
                  What's fantastic is that (so far) nobody has had a problem with the SSM or SSM-D
                  I can't fault the device it worked straight away. I have disabled it for now though and gone back to the api method.

No doubt it will come in handy when Honeywell decide to mess about with their servers again this winter.

Comment

• RedEarth
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post
                    I can't fault the device it worked straight away. I have disabled it for now though and gone back to the api method.

No doubt it will come in handy when Honeywell decide to mess about with their servers again this winter.
                    Same here, SSM working beautifully, but I've dumped the API method (in Domoticz) in favour of using the SSM to keep everything local. The API was so unreliable that I couldn't wait to stop using it as soon as my SSM arrived. Being able to track heat demand for each zone is really useful.

Comment

• Ghostrider
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by RedEarth View Post
                      Same here, SSM working beautifully, but I've dumped the API method (in Domoticz) in favour of using the SSM to keep everything local. The API was so unreliable that I couldn't wait to stop using it as soon as my SSM arrived. Being able to track heat demand for each zone is really useful.
                      The API has been playing nice for me since the last time Honeywell messed with the servers. I am trying the SSM-D with home assistant at the moment and it pulls a lot more sensors, just trying to figure out how to match them up.

Comment

• petep
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2018

I've just enabled discussions on the evofw3 github page

Comment

• digital
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jan 2015

Mine arrived last week. Thank's for the fast delivery.
                          All fitted to my Raspberry Pi and working well.
                          Thanks for all your time and effort in making this possible.

Comment

• Dave_P
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Jun 2021

I don't suppose anyone has a dummys guide to setting up Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 3b using the evofw3

Getting Domoticz working on the Pi was a breeze.... but Home Assistant however is

Comment

• Dave_P
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Jun 2021

Just to say that I've managed to get Home Assistant working on the Raspberry Pi 3b using the evofw3.

For the umpteeeeeenth time I did a fresh install on the sd card and followed all the instructions at
                              https://github.com/zxdavb/evohome_cc/wiki/3.-Installation

But once again it was nada / ziltch / nuffing

So what was the secret of my success you may well ask.....

In /config/configuration.yaml I used
                              evohome_cc: serial_port: /dev/ttyACM0
                              packet_log: packet.log

Instead using of the stated serial_port: /dev/ttyUSB0

Restarted the core and packet.log started to fill with entries
                              Went to "https://github.com/zxdavb/evohome_cc/wiki/Lovelace-customized-cards-for-evohome_cc" and added the 2 lovelace modules
                              without doing anything else the dashboard worked.

Sure as with everything there will be some tweaking required, but for now I'm now a happy bunny.
                              Last edited by Dave_P; 22 June 2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Yes the SSM shows up as ACM0 due to the way the Atmel drivers work. The MCU used in the SSM no longer needs a separate Serial to USB interface, which generally announces itself as a USB0.

Comment

Working...
                                X