Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting started with the SSM(R) instead of an HGI80

Automated Home Sr Member

Automated Home Guru

To answer my own question, no, Python isn't required. I think it's for plugins.

Anyway, delighted with the little gadget. Struggling a bit with Domoticz but that's off topic for this thread

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Domoticz and Home Assistant are only two of such front ends that can be used.
    What other ones are there?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    To answer my own question, no, Python isn't required. I think it's for plugins.

Anyway, delighted with the little gadget. Struggling a bit with Domoticz but that's off topic for this thread
    Feel free to start a new thread about Evohome and Domoticz, either here or on the Domoticz Evohome subforum.

Automated Home Sr Member

What's fantastic is that (so far) nobody has had a problem with the SSM or SSM-D

Automated Home Sr Member

And I'm keen to hear of anyone trying to extend the functionality of their SSM-D

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    And I'm keen to hear of anyone trying to extend the functionality of their SSM-D
    So much to do, so little time. But just you wait, come Oct, everyone will be tinkering with this.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    What's fantastic is that (so far) nobody has had a problem with the SSM or SSM-D
    I can't fault the device it worked straight away. I have disabled it for now though and gone back to the api method.

No doubt it will come in handy when Honeywell decide to mess about with their servers again this winter.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I can't fault the device it worked straight away. I have disabled it for now though and gone back to the api method.

No doubt it will come in handy when Honeywell decide to mess about with their servers again this winter.
    Same here, SSM working beautifully, but I've dumped the API method (in Domoticz) in favour of using the SSM to keep everything local. The API was so unreliable that I couldn't wait to stop using it as soon as my SSM arrived. Being able to track heat demand for each zone is really useful.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedEarth View Post
    Same here, SSM working beautifully, but I've dumped the API method (in Domoticz) in favour of using the SSM to keep everything local. The API was so unreliable that I couldn't wait to stop using it as soon as my SSM arrived. Being able to track heat demand for each zone is really useful.
    The API has been playing nice for me since the last time Honeywell messed with the servers. I am trying the SSM-D with home assistant at the moment and it pulls a lot more sensors, just trying to figure out how to match them up.