X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

And remember, for most things, the SSMR and the HGI80 are interchangeable. So any instructions for the HGI80 can be used for the SSMR. The advantage that the SSMR has is most modern operating systems won't need any drivers, the device will be detected automatically on plugging it in.

Comment

• filbert
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by RedEarth View Post
      You might find the Evohome page on the Domoticz wiki useful and helpful, I certainly did.
      https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Evohome
      I've been looking though it, thanks, but I'm not making a lot of progress. There's a lot there about installing the drivers but Bruce_M says they're not needed with the SSM(R).

I have managed to add the Evohome controller but, after 18 hours or so, it shows me three things it calls 'Zone Relay' of type 'Lighting' and one called 'Zone Temp' - nothing that looks like my installation. If I add the Web API, I see all my zones. I'll have a poke around in the Domoticz forums to see if I can find anything there or somewhere to post my problem.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

The fact that you managed to see anything in Domoticz means that the SSMR is working and installed correctly. Now your issue might be positioning of the actual SSMR in the house, or something else.

P.S. In the Domoticz hardware page have you entered the Device ID for your Controller ? It's the 6 digit number that you will find on the System information page in the Controller settings
        Last edited by bruce_miranda; 13 May 2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• filbert
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
          The fact that you managed to see anything in Domoticz means that the SSMR is working and installed correctly. Now your issue might be positioning of the actual SSMR in the house, or something else.

P.S. In the Domoticz hardware page have you entered the Device ID for your Controller ? It's the 6 digit number that you will find on the System information page in the Controller settings
          I hadn't entered the controller ID, the wiki says it's optional. Now I have and things are showing up. Thanks for the tip. Obviously, not as optional as implied.

Now there's a lot of info to digest!

Thanks for all the help

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

It used to be optional but as the Evohome system started getting more widespread and complex, more rules got added to confirm if the messages received were from your own Evohome system or a neighbour. Domoticz will ultimately learn if you have a controller, but that can take several days. The Evohome controller doesn't advertise itself often, because there is no real need. What happens is that if while you are waiting, if your neighbour's Evohome controller is detected, suddenly Domoticz will attach to that and you'll be controlling your neighbour's system. Yup, you heard that right, there is no security. If you're into that kind of thing, you'll be walking up and down your street, turning people cold. But please don't, as they say, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Best thing to do is to specify a Controller ID. HA and evohome_rf/cc expect the Controller ID to always be specified. Maybe I should change Domoticz to make it a mandatory too.

Comment

• filbert
              Automated Home Guru
              • Oct 2017

The wiki needs updating as well. There doesn't seem to be an option to ask for a user id with edit access so I assume it is restricted to those that know what they're doing

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Most people who know what to do, don't follow the WIKI and those that do and struggle through it, don't bother to go and update it. And that's why you are left with an out of date Wiki page. So please go and update the Wiki with your inputs. Someone new to the process is always the best person to update the instructions.

Comment

• wilfman
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Nov 2019

Running on a RaspPi 4 (Debian 10.9) and getting the following in dmesg. Is this expected? Am a bit of a novice in linux drivers/hardware etc :-).

[ 1080.219597] usb 1-1.4: Product: evofw3 atmega32u4
                  [ 1080.219614] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: SparkFun
                  [ 1080.224559] cdc_acm 1-1.4:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
                  [ 1084.660065] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
                  [ 1089.020123] usb usb2-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
                  [ 1089.020490] usb usb2-port1: unable to enumerate USB device

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

You might have a PSU issue on the RPI side. Your USB cable or PSU may not be able to handle the load of a USB device plugged into the RPI

Comment

• wilfman
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2019

You might have a PSU issue on the RPI side. Your USB cable or PSU may not be able to handle the load of a USB device plugged into the RPI
                      Thanks - Looks like it is unrelated to this device. Everything else seems to be working with the Pi so will troubleshoot further when I get some time next week.

Comment

• petep
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2018

I feel this thread is getting off topic. I expected it to be about the SSM evofw3 module, not Domoticz which has plenty of it's own threads or even evohome cc/rf an HA

Comment

• filbert
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Oct 2017

Most people who know what to do, don't follow the WIKI and those that do and struggle through it, don't bother to go and update it. And that's why you are left with an out of date Wiki page. So please go and update the Wiki with your inputs. Someone new to the process is always the best person to update the instructions.
                          I'd be happy to do so but can't see any way of getting a login to use the editor. It says I can't use my forum login but doesn't, as far as I can see, provide any way of getting an account.

Comment

• Ghostrider
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jan 2018

Is there a way to pull the next setpoint data like the api method does?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

Yes there is, you pull the schedules via the radio messages.

Comment

• Ghostrider
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Jan 2018

Thanks, is there a central source of info on these devices and their use?

Comment

Working...
                                X