• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CT1
    Automated Home Guru
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Are you saying this hasn't been rolled out yet? I am sure us Beta users have seen two winters with the latest version.
    Not rolled out to me. Just checked and I am on

Firmware. 02.00.17.03

Wifi. 02.00.17.00

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

I would definitely contact Resideo and get them to push the latest to you. Even if you done get too excited with the Hit and Miss smart weather changes, The variable Eco/Boost itself makes it a worthwhile upgrade.

Comment

• CT1
        Automated Home Guru
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        I would definitely contact Resideo and get them to push the latest to you. Even if you done get too excited with the Hit and Miss smart weather changes, The variable Eco/Boost itself makes it a worthwhile upgrade.
        Ok, i have taken your advice and emailed Resideo. May have to wait until Autumn to try it in anger.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Infact the Spring and Summer is when Eco is most useful.

Comment

• CT1
            Automated Home Guru
            • Apr 2016

Have not needed the heating or hot water all week. The house is well insulated. The solar PV and solar thermal are providing the energy, the heat pumps and solar gain are providing the heating, the solar thermal has heated the tank to 75 deg C. I do not expect to need much more than an odd hours boost until the autumn. More likely to need the air conditioning, which has it’s own programming.

I only need, and want, individual zone control for each room from EvoHome, so at least I will have all summer to work out how to disable all the smart features.

Shame eco mode cannot be set individually for each room as well as all zones and I have also agreed with the original poster that manual overrides should not have the eco offset applied, but you can’t win them all.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

A sort of hack to use for trying a pseudo Eco per zone is to play with the Cold Weather boost feature. And set the rooms you want Ecoed to not using the Cold Weather boost. But it's rather hit and miss.

Comment

• CT1
                Automated Home Guru
                • Apr 2016

Thanks for the suggestion but I am generally a KISS person and want simple basic function, not added complication. Even so my family and friends accuse me of being a gadget freak and have hardly moved on from the days of a time clock and single room thermostat. The thought or trying to explain to them how to properly operate EvoHome is too painful to contemplate. I am constantly under pressure to reduce the amount of home automation so my challenge is to make EvoHome appear very simple to operate and understand, Likewise the heat pump/air con, the solar, smart TV, Alexa and Philips Hue etc. etc. I am sure they would like to replace it all with a series of ON/OFF switches.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I am much the same. The easiest way to explain to my folks was, point at the TRV controller and say "Use that as your temperature knob". Expect that now with the latest firmware, my technique no longer works when we have the Heating Off.

Comment

• CT1
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Apr 2016

Unfortunately I had to disable the TRV control due to inquisitive grandchildren. At least with EvoHome you are not totally dependent on remote severs. My solar inverter manufacturer has recently announced that they have withdrawn from the market and product support is no longer available. The company is still manufacturing other equipment and it’s web servers are still working but I do not know for how long.

Comment

• keylevel
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Jan 2019

I have received the following from Resideo support:

Sir I will escalate the case to see how can this be fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.
                      I'll update when I get anything else.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by keylevel View Post
                        My Evotouch is running 02.00.19.33 and I have recently switched it to "Eco" mode as I normally do at this time of year.

This is correctly reducing the setpoints of the zones by 3°C. This sometimes means a zone ends up colder than I would like, so I use an override to push it up.

However, overrides are not working!

If I use the app to set an override, it initially shows the new temperature, but it soon switches back to a lower one. A couple of examples:

1) The lounge was set to 16°C (schedule is for 19°C). I used the app to set it to 19°C - the app show it set to 19°C for a while, but it then drops back to 16°C without me doing anything or there being a schedule change.
                        2) The office was set to 13°C (scheduled value). I used the app to change it to 21°C. The setting has just changed to 18°C (which is 3°C below what I set it to, which can't be a coincidence).

I have a DTS92 in the office and have tried using the buttons on it to push the temperature up. This also does not work, and the display shows unexpected behaviour - e.g., it starts at 13, I press “up" a few times and it shows 13.5, 14.0, 14.5, 15.0, 15.5, 13.0 - note the back step).

Changes made on the Evotouch itself also do not take effect.

I have reset the Evotouch, but that made no difference.

Overrides work as expected if I deactivate Eco mode.

I have tried reporting this to Resideo support by email, but the person handling the case does not seem to understand the issue - I have been told "The temperature drop in the Economy mode cannot be adjusted" and "Please be informed that in Eco mode you can do temperature changes (overrides)".

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
                        Yes, this is a known bug of the new firmware. I noticed it and pointed it out to the Honeywell guys during the beta period in this post:

Unfortunately if you read a bit further through the thread the response was that it was too late to fix it for the public release of the firmware and they are aware of the issue. (Although I'm not convinced they accept that it's a serious issue)

In short, when Eco/Boost is turned on, any set point override you make will have the eco/boost offset applied on top of that. So if you have Eco/Boost set to -3C and you try to set a zone to 22C it would actually set it to 19C.

It's even worse if you make the override directly on an HR92 as it will initially go to the set point you requested then a few minutes later will have the Eco/Boost offset applied. Or if you make a temperature adjustment on a DTS92, as you are pressing the button to raise or lower the temperature it will keep jumping by the amount of your offset making it near on impossible to adjust the temperature of a zone with a DTS92 when Eco/Boost is enabled with a large offset.

I'm a bit disappointed a bug this serious slipped through in an otherwise very solid release, especially when the firmware had a lot of public beta testing and I reported the issue many months before the final public release but there you go...

As a workaround you need to compensate for the Eco/Boost offset when making manual overrides. So if Eco/Boost is configured to -3C and you want a manual override of 20C, set your manual override to 23C not 20C and it will be 20C after it has subtracted the Eco/Boost offset.

You're best to do this via the control panel or phone app rather than using the controls on an HR92 or DTS92.
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 26 April 2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• keylevel
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jan 2019

I have just received the following from Resideo support:

Thank you for your patience.

My colleagues from the technical team cleared the errors.

If the same issue happens please provide us:
                          TCC account
                          MAC ID and CRC code (photo)
                          some screenshots with the steps attached
                          phone model
                          OS version and app version
                          I'm not exactly sure what that means as the EvoTouch version number is still 02.00.19.33

Comment

• keylevel
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jan 2019

I've just reactivated Eco mode and the behaviour is exactly the same as it was before - app overrides are reduced by the Eco setting and the DTS92 is unusable.

I'll get back to support and refer them to the post linked above!

Comment

• CT1
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Apr 2016

Ok, I have received the latest firmware and, after disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi, I can now see a smart settings menu and hot water priority setting. What does not appear to have changed is the eco mode, which is the one feature I want.

I am sure I am missing something and have looked back through the forum but not found anything. Can anyone tell me how to access the new eco mode features? Many thanks.

Comment

• SteveP
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                                Ok, I have received the latest firmware and, after disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi, I can now see a smart settings menu and hot water priority setting. What does not appear to have changed is the eco mode, which is the one feature I want.

I am sure I am missing something and have looked back through the forum but not found anything. Can anyone tell me how to access the new eco mode features? Many thanks.
                                It’s the settings>quick action - when you select eco it pops up an adjustment option with 0.5 +/- increments and then applies it �� then when you select quick actions from the main screen and apply eco it applies the previously set adjustment value
                                Last edited by SteveP; 29 April 2021, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X